ATV Torture Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· The Sheriff
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received our GBC Spartacus Tires and they are a pretty good tread design. Initially, they look like they'll clean out a lot better than the XTR's. We took them on the trail tonight around 11PM along with the Dirt Commanders because we couldn't stand it. They hook up very good and we can't wait for a more thorough ride on them this weekend.

Same goes for the GBC Dirt Commanders, they are within the manufacturer's specs and seemed to be very smooth on the asphalt heading to the trail.

I will start my review Sunday and it will continue for awhile. As we test, we'll will post back here what we find until the final review.

Just to give you a teaser, here are some pics:

· The Sheriff
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're starting our initial test phase in the morning so I will take some pics while we're out. Most of our trail tomorrow will be power and pipe lines so pics of that may be too boring to take. If the river or our crawling creek has some decent water, we'll get some pics in that as well. But, it's been kinda dry so I'm skeptical.

Nonetheless, I'll at least get some pics of them on the quad.

Buster

· The Sheriff
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sunday (tomorrow) morning we ride at 9AM. We'll probably do 50 miles or so of testing on trial ride quality, handling, sand, mud (if we can find some with the dryness) and water (again, where we can find it).

One of our small creeks has some pretty decent in height and angle rocks as well. So, we'll be testing thas as well, water or not.

Both set of tires will be out so we'll be giving the dirt commanders and spartacuses that initial testing.

When I get back and can get pics posted, then you all will hear back. It will be 102 degrees here tomorrow not including heat index with GA humidity so we're gonna hang in there as long as we can without overheating ourselves or the quads on these mostly low-speed rides.

Buster

· The Sheriff
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are the installed pics:

· The Sheriff
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dustin actually designed the camo pattern himself. He's the one that does our printwork for decals and shirts and has the ATVTorture/Ugly Signs truck. He does a lot of full body vehicle wraps and he wrapped that quad about 304 years ago in his camo pattern. He has a trade show next month and is about to de-camo it and re-wrap it in a design to match the truck with Ugly Signs and ATVTorture logos.

Pics will be posted once that's done but it will be a few weeks.

He could not believe the difference the GBC Spartacus tires made in traction on hard packed surfaces as well as sand bottom creeks over the ITP 589 tires that were replaced.

Buster

· SMILEY WHORE
1,028 Posts
Damn ..... now I'm gonna have to sell my 589's !!!! .......... :cheer: :cheer:

Those look sweet !!!! ..... And I'm think'in I'll have to replace my Dirt Tamers with Commanders ?? I like that 1SG (First Sergeant) emblem down inside the tread of the Cammanders too :icon_thumleft: .... or some Terra Cross XD's like 3TV has ......... And go back to 26's ..... Oh man ..... to many decisions !!!!!

Look'in Good Billy Ray !!!! .... ;;t;; ;;t;;

Later ....
:headbang:

· The Sheriff
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll ask YBUgly that's reviewing this set to take pics tonight.

It may be tomorrow before we can upload them since he only has dial-up internet at home. But, we'll get these as well.

Buster

· SMILEY WHORE
1,028 Posts
A little off topic ... but with the ITP 108's or 112's .... can a guy still use regular lugnuts or do you need "Special" ones ??

Hey, I have an idea ..... when ya get thru testing them out in your type of tterrain .... how about ya ship'em to me .... & I'll test'em for ya out here in the West !!?? .... Sound like a GREAT idea ?? ... :cheer: :laughing7:

Later ...

· The Sheriff
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To calrify, these wheels are ITP's new SS212 wheel, not a 112.

You really need to use the ITP lugs. My other set of wheels are C-Series type & wheels. I used the lugs from those wheels when installing my 108's. But, we ordered a set of lugs with the 212's. I noticed when installing the 212's the lugs with a smaller diameter than my other ITP lugs. Then when installing the 108s with my older lugs, They were a little larger than they should have been and a causing the appropriate size impact socket to be a little tight in the hole.

That being said, I'm ordered another set of lugs for my new wheels so the socket isn't so tight.

Buster

Gunny said:
A little off topic ... but with the ITP 108's or 112's .... can a guy still use regular lugnuts or do you need "Special" ones ??

Hey, I have an idea ..... when ya get thru testing them out in your type of tterrain .... how about ya ship'em to me .... & I'll test'em for ya out here in the West !!?? .... Sound like a GREAT idea ?? ... :cheer: :laughing7:

Later ...

· SMILEY WHORE
1,028 Posts
Oh yeah .... I didn't know ITP made both a 112 AND a 212 .... Just looked'em up .... not even sure if the 112's come in black. But I sure like the 212's .... & the 108's ....

Thanks for the info on the lugnuts.

Later ...

· The Sheriff
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Other than what has already been said, they continue to perform very weel. Thus far in our rides, we've had no problems with them and have not had any puncture issues either. However, with this tire being such a high ply tire, we didn't anticipate that, but I wanted to confirm we've not experienced such thus far.

They do seem to clean very well in mud, maybe even better than my XTR's but that final word will come from more time in the mud.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.