ATV Torture Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headbang:Taking my new RZR to a national event, can't make my mind up about how to secure my unit at the event. Regular padlocks are too easy to pick and security locks are expensive.....any middle ground?

Suggestions are welcomed....:thumbup:

·
THE ENFORCER
2,037 Posts
:headbang:Taking my new RZR to a national event, can't make my mind up about how to secure my unit at the event. Regular padlocks are too easy to pick and security locks are expensive.....any middle ground?

Good question. Unfortunately, the best way I can think to secure one would be in an enclosed trailer. I know that isn't cheap but other than the methods you mentioned and chaining it to a tree or something, I'm no help.

·
The Boss
4,362 Posts
I would suggest the same thing as BG, an enclosed trailer. You may also make it difficult for the average person to take. Perhaps disabling something that would prevent someone from hot wiring and driving away. Use some locks and chains may encourage someone to move onto something easier.

Also, insurance on the RZR is pretty cheap in contrast to the cost of a new one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well...you have a 15,000 dollar investment....enclosed trailer would be my answer, but if they want to steal it believe they will....not everybody can spend that kinda money or a enclosed trailer....so the next step would be a 3/8 or 1/2 cable with the biggest Masterlocks you can get and put 2 on the loop..and make sure the cables are coded with plastic or better...and do what i do and loop it threw the wheels...thier have to put in sometime stealing that atv..last but not least....Insurance...the best protection you can get!!!MUDDIE50:beer"

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

Maybe a couple of rabid pitbulls and a shotgun?

·
The Sheriff
1,827 Posts
There are also some master locks that are round and the loop on it leaves very little of it exposed, making it very difficult to get a set of bolt cutters on.

Master also makes a disc brake lock that has a pin that goes through the holes in a rotor. Look it one of those here. They also have another style for the rotor here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:eek:ccasion14:thanks for the suggestions......my trailer is to be delivered on the 11th.....got a cable lock and an device similar to the club.....wanted to be able to park my ride in front of the lodge and not worry someone is gonna drive it off....:club:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts