ATV Torture Forums banner

Ride squeak?

Tags
ride squeak
3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  stray 
#1 ·
I have an annoying squeak that occurs whenever the gade is leaning a little, I can pump the front end up and down all day long and won't hear the squeak once, the same goes for the rear end, but step inside the foot well to swing a leg over and, SQQQQUUUUUEEEEEEAAAAAAKKKKKK. This gets annoying on the trail, as its all the time. This isn't something that just happened, it's been there for a long time, my local dealer says it'd the trailing arm hubs, they all do that. I just wanted to know if anybody else had this problem, as I would REALLY like to eliminate this "squeaky wheel" lol

#3 ·
don't have it, but i've heard it on other bikes. i think you're right about the trailing arms. i've read of guys removing them and loctiting them (which is what they do from the factory) with no success. only positive solution i've heard about involves removing the cams that sit inside the locknuts and grinding a small area off. apparently, they are rubbing. best way to tell would be to apply a small amount of grease in there and ride a bit. then remove the cams and see where the grease has rubbed off. that will tell you where you need to remove some material. if it were me, i'd probably just overlook the squeak, though.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info Stray, I have tried to just shut it out, but, DAMN, it's annoying, ALL THE TIME, on every ride. I was told that when the trailing arms get sloppy, bring it in and get the new BRP remedy, but that was a year or so ago so I'm going to have to do some more dismantling and see what I can come up with. I'll keep y'all posted what ever I find, I don't think it'll be the documentarys that you post Stray, we'll see...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.