ATV Torture Forums banner

Remotes for Winches

6K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  eagle115 
#1 ·
I've been thinking often that remote for the winch would be nice . Has anybody used a remote and do they make a cordless one ? What are your thoughts on any kind of remote if available . ? . My winch is a 25 Warn .

TD

Discussion starter · #3 ·
LOL Gunny . Damn it figgers it's one of those must haves that I must have . When you say with the wireless that they continue to reel in after taking your finger off the switch . Does it continue reeling for feet or just inches . ?

I think a wired remote is alright and more useful than none but wireless would be even better because then I wouldn't have to walk back through a wet slush hole etc when I could just make the initial one trip and bring the bike to me winching all the way although I have been in a few places where I had to give her some gas to help the winch out . LOL

Dang methinks that's another product the torture crew could test out for us . LOL .

This site can sure be an expensive place to hang out with all the goodies they know about but it can sure save you some too if product does not get the stamp of approval .

Hmm lets see . I now need a steering damper at 400-500 bucks , synthetic rope and fairlead for around a 100 bucks , a helmet cam at 200-600 bucks and thats just the beginning . LOL

Thanks for your input Gunny . I hope others have some too .

TD

Discussion starter · #5 · (Edited)
I think I'll have to start having a serious look at them . Sure would be a handy mod .

Thanks . When I get one I''ll return in like with my thoughts too .

I'm going to start by getting the synthetic rope and the fairlead for it . This will tie in next . LOL Practical methinks .

TD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.