ATV Torture Forums banner

Quick Release Tie Down LLC ATV Mighty TiTe Tie Down System

21K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Mack450 
#1 ·
<title>HTML clipboard</title><table border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="10" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>For many of us ATV riding is a recreational activity. We venture out into the wilderness to get away from the daily humdrum. I sometimes refer to my ATV outings as a mini vacation. It gets me away and “oxygenates” my soul allowing me to push on through life till the next chance to get a way for a day on the track or the trail.

That being said, time is also a very expensive commodity. I, like many, am always looking for away to simplify life and make things go efficient as possible. This even means my transportation of ATV’s.

Strapping an ATV to your trailer can sometimes become tedious work. Ratchet straps can break, get clogged with mud, rust and become lost or misplaced. I personally have spent several hundred dollars in the past few years in straps for the reasons just mentioned. Additionally, strapping and un-strapping your ATV or UTV after all day in the mud is messy and probably the last thing you really want to do. Finally, there is the security issue of straps. Typically to secure your ATV your trailer to prevent theft required a special chain or cable that was capable of locking. I was always convinced that transporting my ATV didn’t need to be this complicated.
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
ATVTorture was contacted by a company who manufactures a product that solved all of the problems previously mentioned. The ATV Mighty TiTe is a quick release tie down system that will allow you to literally securely and safely lock your ATV or UTV on your trailer or in your truck bed literally in seconds with very minimal hassle.

The ATV Mighty TiTe system arrived in a well packaged container with step by step installation instructions; a video was included with the Mighty TiTe as well.

Close inspection of all the Mighty Tite components revealed top quality materials and close attention to detail on all welds and powder coating. Bottom line, this is a very heavy duty setup. With only two moving parts the ATV Mighty TiTe is virtually maintenance free.

Installation

<table border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="10" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td>
After unpacking and inspecting the ATV Mighty TiTe system it was time to get busy installing the setup. We chose a 5 x 8 aluminum trailer to install the system on. I have to stress a word of caution. Make sure you completely read the installation instructions and fully understand the installation procedure prior to beginning the work. The total install time took us about 2 hours and required the drilling of holes into our trailer.

The instructions are very well written. The Mighty TiTe comes with all the necessary mounting hardware; however, we found that the included mounting bolts were two long for our particular application. This bolt length may be better suited for a utility trailer with a thicker wooden floor. We also chose to purchase some larger washers to serve as backing against the aluminum flooring of our trailer. One person is capable of the installation, but it is much easier with two.
</td> <td>

<table border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="10" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>

First Impression

</td> <td>As previously mentioned the ATV Might TiTe is extremely well constructed to give you many years of use. We did run into a little snag after installation. It appeared that the ATV Mighty TiTe we tested was only made to accommodate stock or at least 25 inch tires in the front wheel cages. This posed a problem when trying to load the Yamaha Grizzly 700 with 26” Maxxis Bighorns onto the trailer. These tires were just too tall to fit into the cages. This is not a huge deal; just make sure you specify your tire size when ordering the ATV Mighty TiTe.

Since it was quickly determined that the Grizzly was not going to fit in the wheel cages of the ATV Mighty TiTe, we decided to load a Kawasaki KFX-700 onto the trailer. Once loaded the 22” Kawasaki tires fin nicely in the wheel cages. With a little pressure on the rear tension assembly and the included locking pin inserted, it presented a solid setup that took less that 1 minute to secure.

During transport we noticed some slight back and forth shifting of the ATV on the trailer. This was very minimal and can be easily be remedied by setting the emergency brake or strapping the break lever down with a piece of Velcro or wire to prevent the ATV from moving while not in gear. The shifting really isn’t an issue, but it can give you just a little piece of mind during transport.

Other positive and important attributes of the setup is that the ATV Mighty TiTe does not compress the suspension, no more damage to the frame or rack paint from old ratchet straps,

</td> <td>
</td> <td>

Here are some features of the Mighty TiTe.

• Easy to use!
  • Eliminates using Muddy, Tangled Ratchet straps!
  • Strong All metal construction. Made in USA
  • Powder Coated Finish. Custom colors available by special order.
  • Won't Damage ATV. Cages front tires and tensions rear axle or trailer receiver.
  • Does not compress suspension on most ATV’s or tie to ATV racks.
  • Prevents accidental damage to pickup truck rear window and/or tool box.
  • Floor plates mount to trailer/truck bed with carriage bolts and tie down system System is removable in seconds.
  • Chrome plated locking pin with keyed lock to detour theft.
  • Allows securing ATV in seconds for getting to the fun faster.
  • Floor Slide-in Mounts install in approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
  • Additional Floor Plates. (for mounting units in multiple directions and for pickup truck installation)
  • ATV Mighty Tite quickly secures your ATV to your trailer or truck bed. Easy release for quick loading and unloading.
  • Our ATV Mighty TiTe Quick Release system is designed for trailers or pickup truck applications. It easily installs onto most trailers and trucks utilizing carriage bolts. Trailers using metal mesh flooring may need to be reinforced for proper installation.
  • Once in place you can tie down your ATV in seconds by stepping on a peddle and inserting a keyed locking pin. This system doesn’t use any ratchet straps and eliminates the tangle and trouble by using all metal components. The entire system is Powder Coated for a long lasting trouble free finish. The ATV Mighty TiTe secures your ATV by caging the wheels not the suspension or carrying racks, thus causing no harm to your ATV.
  • When used properly, the ATV Mighty TiTe will not loosen up, and has only two moving parts. All it takes is a step on a lever and inserting a locking pin and your ready to travel. To release, Step on the lever and remove the pin and your ready to ride.

<table border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="10" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" valign="top">Here is a short video demonstration of the Mity TiTe system in use.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center"><embed src="http://blip.tv/play/ga5XgavlIAA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="254"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Conclusion

<table border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="10" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td>While many may hold their nose up at me for getting away from the traditional ratcheting straps to fasten their ATV’s and UTV’s down, I find that the extra time spent strapping my ATV down, constantly checking the tension during long hauls, and the ability to be able to rest knowing my ATV is safe and secure a huge benefit.

It is extremely great to be able to have my ATV loaded onto the trailer and ready to go in a moments notice. I now only wish all my riding buddies had the ATV Mighty TiTe…We would be riding already!
</td> <td>

For more information on the ATV Mighty TiTe check them out at:

Welcome to Qwik Release Tiedown
QWIK RELEASE TIE DOWN
P.O. Box 637
Jonesville, VA 24263
1-276-393-6678

Email: atvqrt@yahoo.com

[BREAK=Additional ATV Mighty TiTe Images]

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice system! Sturdy and quick! My buddy could have used that last weekend when his cheesy straps failed and his quad ended up on pavement....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.