ATV Torture Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quad Tech ATV - KFX450R Seat Cover & Carbon Fiber Products Review

10K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  topgun09 
#1 ·

Once again AtvTorture has decided to call upon our good friends at Quad Tech. Quad Tech got its start in 1996 by Jet Ski World Champion Bill Pointer and has grown to become the industries leader in carbon fiber design as well as creating fabulous seat covers. Pointer has taken something that he loves and cherishes and has brought it to a whole new level, and lucky for us here at Atvtorture.com we have had the opportunity to use some of the products coming from Quad Tech and I can say that things are only looking BETTER for future designs.

INTRODUCTION
For the KFX 450R Project we wanted to keep the similar design as the OEM seat but add a little twist to it. Quad Tech sent us a Gripper Hump Seat cover with built in Kawasaki Green accents on either side of the hump, and this also included a new foam insert for the cover.

At first glance I was very impressed with the quality and workmanship of the products, they both seemed to be very well built. The cover is made of a tuff vinyl that seemed as if it would have to take some pretty severe damage to rip or tare. The Hump Seat is something that has really transpired from the racing world and is big in the motocross industry. I know it looks very strange but it does acutely serve a purpose, in somewhat keeping you forward on the quad and kind of lets you know when you are inching to far back in the saddle.

A “HUMP SEAT” super cool design! Also in my opinion I give the comfort and the styling of this seat an A+. Installation for this project was fairly simple with the right tools and an extra pair of hands does not hurt to have as well. I have nothing to give accept praise for this setup can say that I will have Quad Tech seats on all my quads to come.

QUAD TECH ATV CARBON FIBER HOOD AND CARBON FIBER AIR SCOOP
Carbon Fiber has always been around in the performance parts industry, and the ATV industry is no exception. Quad Tech did not stop at just sending the seat setup, they included their world famous Carbon Fiber Racing Hood and Air Duct.

Besides looking totally sick and making the front of the Kawasaki KFX 450R look like it was going to take off, these products work well with each other. The weight difference and the way the aerodynamics of these designs work together is “Cool” and I really mean cool.

When installed, the Quad Tech hood and air duct work together to funnel fresh, clean air right into the heart of the machine, keeping it cooler and allowing the quad to run better and ultimately fast!

CONCLUSION
So my famous quote.... “like I said”, besides looking totally sick, they serve a huge purpose in performance improvement of the machine.
Another A+ product from the Carbon Fiber leading industry Quad Tech.

CONTACT INFORMATION
Quad Tech-ATV
23011 Moulton Parkway, Suite C-1
Laguna Hills, California 92653
(949) 859.7823

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.