ATV Torture Forums banner

Only ATV Synthetic PowerLine

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  1Bad1000Xxc 
#1 ·
<TABLE id=table9 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; FONT-VARIANT: normal" align=left>We are really happy to include the OnlyATV.com synthetic winchline in our ATV product reviews. They were kind enough to provide a product to make this review successful along with roller fairleads. 3/16" X 50' PowerLine ATV Winch Rope <TABLE id=table10 width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; FONT-VARIANT: normal"> </TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; FONT-VARIANT: normal" width=509>Made from the world's strongest fibers!</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; FONT-VARIANT: normal" vAlign=top>
</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; FONT-VARIANT: normal" width=509>
  • Strong - stronger than steel of the same size
  • 5,500 Lb. Breaking Strength
  • Lightweight - 50 ft weighs less than 1lb.
  • Extremely safe - Fraid rope will not tear hands or clothing. Broken rope will not cause injuries like cable
  • High fatigue resistance - retains it's strength after many uses
  • Dimensional stability - Extremely low stretch
  • Heat resistance
  • Chemical resistant - Resists acids, alkalis, organic chemicals, salt water and steam
  • packaged with a high quality tree-saver
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
First Inspection:

The first thing I did was unreel the steel winch cable and replace it with the OnlyATV synthetic winch line. It is a much safer cable because it doesn't recoil. Does not kink like steel cable. Has no memory like steel cable. Comes in 50' lengths. Lighter then steel cable. Ride Report:

<TABLE id=table11 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=150></TD><TD vAlign=top>Well, seeing as that we had not fully tested another synthetic winch rope before, I was hesitant to use my quad as a test machine for this review as I knew it would require me putting it in a possible serious situation to get a full test done. However, I seem to be the guinea pig for many of the questionable type products that could turn to catastrophe, so iI took the opinion that worst case scenario, it breaks, the quad tumbles atop itself, brakes a lot of stuff and a I file an insurance claim. After all, that's what full coverage is for.....right????

Well, I decided to stick my Grizz in a creek bottom and find the steepest embankment I could. Then I had to leave it to OnlyATV's rope to yank 'er out and get it to the top without a tumble.
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>So, I eased on up, free-spooled the winch, searched for an ample tree to pull a 600+ pound quad up a hairy wall, hooked around and closed my eyes. Naw, I wasn't that scared, but I was kinda nervous, I must admit. Started winchin and for the first time ever, since OnlyATV also provided us a roller fairlead for the review, I didn't have that horrible noise that is typical of a cable rubbing against the cheap steel, beveled edge fairlead that comes with the Warn winches. That in and of itself was quite nice as I can't even stand the sound of chalk on a chalkboard, so cable against steel always runs a chill up my spine. </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE id=table12 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Anyway, back to the point: Got halfway up the bank and said to myself....WAIT A MINUTE....this is a Kodak moment. So, I stopped the show to get the camera out. Hence, image #2. The Grizz hung onto the OnlyATV PowerLine like a child onto her mama's leg. When I got back to business, I was on a mission to get it out to clear ground. When all was said and done, we had decided the ole Grizz had had enough hang time to give the OnlyATV PowerLine our Tortured stamp of approval. It did what we had hoped and had gotten our quad out of a hairy situation quite nicely and without a problem at all. Surprisingly enough, we noticed not one bit of rope stretch on our test, which is something we assumed we would have from a rope type winch line. But, not one bit that we could tell. If there was any, it wasn't noticeable enough to notice.
Pros:

• [*]Synthetic line has great strength and has no recoil memory.
    [*]Its light and will not tear into your hands like steel cable will.
    [*]The tree savers are handy for saving trees and other components that you want to protect while winching.
Cons:
  • None
Bottom Line:

• Synthetic line has great strength and has no recoil memory.
  • Its light and will not tear into your hands like steel cable will.
  • The tree savers are handy for saving trees and other components that you want to protect while winching.
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=210></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>If you are ready to upgrade to a much superior line for your winch, or add other winching accessories to your goody bag, you need to give OnlyATV a call.
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>
Talk about this review in our FORUMS.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.