ATV Torture Forums banner

Moose Rapid Mount Plow System

17K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Koko 
#1 ·
Moose Rapid Mount Plow System

Reviewer: John K
<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="AutoNumber1" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="32%">
</td> <td width="68%"> When I laid eyes on the new Moose Rapid Mount System RM3,I knew I had to have it. A big snow storm was predicted, and mounting my old style plow was anything but rapid.

My old Moose plow mounting system had a simplistic design that worked well for three years – but it was not perfect. Every year I griped about having to remove the center skid plate before mounting the plow. My second issue with this design was the use of U bolts. Although effective for their intended use, they were exposed and suffered damage from rocks and other objects on the trail. And finally, to mount the old style plow, you had to lift the plow frame up to the mount and insert a pin on each side – while lying on the cold dirty garage floor.

My new moose RM3 arrived the day of the storm. I was immediately impressed by how well it was packaged and surprised that there was not much to assemble. Only 4 bolts were needed to install the mount, and 6 to attach the new plow frame to my older 60 inch plow blade.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>​

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="AutoNumber2" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="63%"> Unfortunately my enthusiasm quickly turned to frustration. I would need to remove my front aluminum skid plate and replace it with the stock plastic skid plate. Snow was continuing to pile up outside and it was getting late. Two of the four bolts where extremely difficult to reach. After some creative use of socket extensions, however, I finally had the Moose RM3 plow mount installed.

Mounting the Moose RM3 plow frame to my existing plow blade was extremely easy.

With the new RM3 installed I was curious to see how high I could lift the plow blade. The new RM3 lifted the plow blade much higher then the old mount. This is important because as the winter wears on, snow piles become taller and taller. Having a high lift height helps you move the snow up and over the existing piles. It takes some time getting used to managing the plow height when pushing the snow up and over existing piles. A word of warning, if you are not careful, the RM3 will allow the blade to lift high enough to cause damage to the bumper.
</td> <td width="37%">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="AutoNumber3" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="368"> <tbody><tr> <td width="27%" height="368">
</td> <td width="73%" height="368">While plowing snow for the first time I quickly realized that angling the plow was a bit problematic. In order to angle the plow, I needed to lower the plow and almost have the blade resting on the ground. Otherwise the large metal bar used to connect the winch to the plow frame would hit the angling lever.
The rapid mount system was easier to use then the previous style mounting system but still required some finagling to mount and dismount the plow. While it may not work as well as I had hoped, it sure beats lying on the cold dirty garage floor.

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="AutoNumber4" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="65%">To buy or not to buy?
The Moose RM3 plow mount system is a great product, and I would give it consideration when purchasing a new ATV plow. That being said, I would not upgrade to this setup if you currently own the previous generation Moose plow mounting system.
</td> <td width="35%">
Pros:

• 20+ inches of lift height
  • No more lying on the floor to mount the plow
  • Works with previous generation Moose plow blades
  • Rattles much less than the previous generation plow mount
Cons:

• Expensive compared to the competition
  • Poorly designed plow frame mounting
  • Interference with the lever to angle the blade
  • Plow lifts high enough to damage your ATV’s bumper
Contact Information:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.