ATV Torture Forums banner

May Lose Another Trail Unless You...

Tags
lose trail
3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jamesh921 
#1 ·
help save it.

Big Red Offroad ATV Park Big Red Off Road Park for ATV, Quad, Dirtbike, Moto, Trails, Trail Riding in Oklahoma. has been hard hit by the economy.

Joe, the owner, has posted in his forum on his website that if things don't dramatically get better, he will be closing the gates after Memorial Day weekend.

Attendance started falling off about the same time the economy took its downturn (about 2 years ago). I know everyone is being very careful on where and how they spend their money (including me), but Big Red's has become a staple for off-road riding in central OK over the past 6 years and I sure don't want to lose yet another great place to ride.

If you live near central Oklahoma, I encourage you to call your buddies, load up and head out to Big Red's.

If you don't live nearby, then I encourage you to plan a weekend trip to go visit. You won't be dissappointed. There is all types of riding such as hills, trails, mud, race track and drag strip. I'm an extreme rider who likes to climb hills and hit the jumps on the pipeline (you can get some big air), but I also like to take my 4 year old son who rides a 110cc. There are PLENTY of family friendly trails to ride as well.

The website says there are only 12 miles of trails, but that needs to be updated. There are much more than that. You can ride all day and not get bored. There are alot more trails than the 12 miles stated - and plenty of adventure to keep you occupied and interested.

It seems that we riders, as a whole, are losing more and more riding areas daily. Every time you pick up an ATV mag or visit an online site, someone is writing or posting about losing another riding area. We lost over 250,000 acres (yes, two hundred and fifty THOUSAND acres) of riding area last year in southeastern Oklahoma. Public riding areas are getting smaller every day. We have to support our private land owners who are providing us a place to ride. If not, we may be stuck riding in circles in our own back yards. OK, that my be a little over-dramatic, but you get my point.

So, if you can, plan to visit Big Red's soon. Joe's a great guy, the park is awesome and you'll have a great time.

Have a great ride,
James

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.