ATV Torture Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here is the proud owner of a dog? I myself have chocolate lab named Reese. I don't hunt with him, but he's a great dog and companion. I wish I could take him to work with me.

Swimming at my parents pool

York Beach Maine

My backyard.

Code:

· Premium Member
155 Posts
I have no dogs at this time. I do have two cats, fourteen chickens (I love eggs), two Nigerian pygmy goats and usuaully pigs. The pigs do not usually make it this late into the year (I like pork, too).
formguy

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
formguy said:
I have no dogs at this time. I do have two cats, fourteen chickens (I love eggs), two Nigerian pygmy goats and usuaully pigs. The pigs do not usually make it this late into the year (I like pork, too).
formguy
Can't go wrong with eggs and bacon. :love4:

· Registered
6 Posts
I love Labs. We had a black block head named Mylo. Wonderful dog. The best I have ever had. We had him for 11 years and was heart broken when he passed away. We got another dog about 6 months later. Paco, half chow half rot. Good dog. We lost him this past summer. 2 years ago, April, we were out riding and came to this one place that none of us had been up in long time. Being the explorers that we "try" to be up the hill we went ,as we topped up we pulled over to far right to allow the others to come on up safely. To the left of us was a large tree that had fallen and sitting in front of that tree was a baby puppy. Thrilled to see us. Behind the tree was 2 more, one had already died. So we took these babies home with us. Gave one to a friend and kept the other. Sugar now lives with us , inside. She is mountain fiest and a wonderful dog. I swore that I would never have another dog after what happened to Paco. Last Oct. the hubby came in to do some work early one Sun. morning and in the parking lot was a injured dog. He was what I call one of the town "hounds". We loaded him up and took him home. Doctored him back to health and

now "Buddy Boy" is the "big dog" on our hill. He's a sweetheart and is so humble. Now Buddy, has brought home 2 other friends. Guess he also feels sorry for his homeless friends. So now we have 4 dogs.

· THE ENFORCER
2,036 Posts
LadyLovestheGrizzly660 said:
I love Labs. We had a black block head named Mylo. Wonderful dog. The best I have ever had. We had him for 11 years and was heart broken when he passed away. We got another dog about 6 months later. Paco, half chow half rot. Good dog. We lost him this past summer. 2 years ago, April, we were out riding and came to this one place that none of us had been up in long time. Being the explorers that we "try" to be up the hill we went ,as we topped up we pulled over to far right to allow the others to come on up safely. To the left of us was a large tree that had fallen and sitting in front of that tree was a baby puppy. Thrilled to see us. Behind the tree was 2 more, one had already died. So we took these babies home with us. Gave one to a friend and kept the other. Sugar now lives with us , inside. She is mountain fiest and a wonderful dog. I swore that I would never have another dog after what happened to Paco. Last Oct. the hubby came in to do some work early one Sun. morning and in the parking lot was a injured dog. He was what I call one of the town "hounds". We loaded him up and took him home. Doctored him back to health and

now "Buddy Boy" is the "big dog" on our hill. He's a sweetheart and is so humble. Now Buddy, has brought home 2 other friends. Guess he also feels sorry for his homeless friends. So now we have 4 dogs.
As a young boy, I too had a black lab. His name was Daze. He was the best durn dog I'd ever seen or heard of and recieved not a lick of training from me or my ole man. He knew what to do, when to do it, and when not to do it. Even as a pup he was intelligent like that. The most trouble Daze gave me was in the snow. I'd let him out in the wee hours of the morning, and he didn't want to come back in, but it would be too cold for us to feel good about leaving him out. (We lived on a farm so it probably would have been ok) but he just wanted me to come outside after him so he could get me soaked and half froze to death....anyway....my point is, I too lost Daze eventually and it was a sad moment in time. Great dog, excellent memories. It's amazing how much these fur balls can do for us mentally, physically, and emotionally.

· Registered
6 Posts
We had watched Buddy as he ran around town with his other hobo friends. We tried to get him to come over to us. He would wag his tail and act like he wanted to but would only come within about 3 feet to me.He was much more afraid of the hubby than of me. I guess more men had been mean to him than women. We would leave food and water out for him and his buddies.We had never even petted him until we found him on the parking lot. He stayed inside for the winter cause of his injuries. Come warm weather I had to put him out. No matter how I tried he was a terror inside the house. About 2 weeks after I put him out, he was gone. We looked for him for several days . Figured that where he was so use to being "wild" that he had just taken off. A week went by and we were here at the store, had the front doors open and lo and behold we see Buddy walking down the side walk into the store and behind the counter....tickled to death to see us. He was all dirty and smelled like a skunk. Real hungry. We left the door open all day and he never went out. Took him back home that evening. We have had a dog for as long as I can remember. I do so miss my big dogs....they were my live in security...nothing like a big dog to keep the rif-raf away. The ones we have now are so much of a scary cat, I think that they would bark ....then run and hide. Still we love'm and take care of them the best we can. I am bad to feed strays. Cannot stand to see something go hungry. Folks tell me not to.....but I cannot help it.

· THE ENFORCER
2,036 Posts
LadyLovestheGrizzly660 said:
We had watched Buddy as he ran around town with his other hobo friends. We tried to get him to come over to us. He would wag his tail and act like he wanted to but would only come within about 3 feet to me.He was much more afraid of the hubby than of me. I guess more men had been mean to him than women. We would leave food and water out for him and his buddies.We had never even petted him until we found him on the parking lot. He stayed inside for the winter cause of his injuries. Come warm weather I had to put him out. No matter how I tried he was a terror inside the house. About 2 weeks after I put him out, he was gone. We looked for him for several days . Figured that where he was so use to being "wild" that he had just taken off. A week went by and we were here at the store, had the front doors open and lo and behold we see Buddy walking down the side walk into the store and behind the counter....tickled to death to see us. He was all dirty and smelled like a skunk. Real hungry. We left the door open all day and he never went out. Took him back home that evening. We have had a dog for as long as I can remember. I do so miss my big dogs....they were my live in security...nothing like a big dog to keep the rif-raf away. The ones we have now are so much of a scary cat, I think that they would bark ....then run and hide. Still we love'm and take care of them the best we can. I am bad to feed strays. Cannot stand to see something go hungry. Folks tell me not to.....but I cannot help it.
That's a sure sign of a good heart!

As far as protection, I have 15 big dogs loaded in a lil magazine that will bite as hard as they bark. I figure the cat won't do much, unless she tries to get the fish...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.