ATV Torture Forums banner

ITP Beadlock Wheels - Renegade 800-X

18K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  1Bad1000Xxc 
#1 ·
We received our ITP T7 beadlock wheels from Dick's ATV for the Renegade 800-X and mounted them up today. I will be writing a review on the wheels.

Let us know what you think about how they look.

See less See more
#2 ·
I am too friggin jealous! I have wanted those exact rims since i got my grizz!

Damn! They look great!

#3 ·
Thanks Mack!

They are awesome wheels and Mike at Dick's ATV hooked us up. You should give him a call and see what kind of deal he will give you.

If you ever run low pressure or do any technical stuff, they are a must. We have run low pressure on regular wheels for better grip and have busted beads off on the trail which is really bad. Really low pressure is the way to go for good traction but you simply can't do it without beadlocks.

Buster

#6 ·
"heavy"? like weight wise? It's actually a much lighter quad than the Grizzly.

#11 ·
Tough to explain. If you look at the first picture (which I think looks great), I think the graphics kit, winch, lights, skids, etc, along with the look of the bike bike such as the radiator and plastic give the bike a "heavy" look to the front it. While I'm sure it is lighter than the grizz and will smoke most quads out there, I think aesthically it looks heavy...I'm not sure how else to explain it so it makes sense.

#8 ·
I think I'm gonna pull the winch off, the front differential out of it, remove the headlights and shave the front fenders. You may wanna wear a dust mask for the race to limit the amount you inhale. I've got one I'll loan you cuz I won't need it.

#9 ·
Buster, that quad is looking efin awesome! :headbang:

It's amazing what tires/wheels do for a quad. Much less a graphic kit like that. Can't wait to see those hand guards and yellow springs disappear.

And someone needs to hurry up and smoke GW on his "precious". Notice he didn't invite me to ride this week. If you're skeered...just say so GW. We understand. Really.

#10 ·
It don't matter how fast his junk is. He still rides like a girl. ;;s;;

#15 ·
Thanks guys!

Parts are still coming in and in 4 weeks it will be fitted with a sweet new seat.

Next weekend, it may be on the road out of state to a bikini photoshoot. Still working out the details with the model's schedule. However, I have 2 locally that are ready to shoot when I can get with the photographer's schedule.

I've got to get the shock springs powdercoated red before the shoots to prevent having to do a lot of photoshop color changing on springs. If my powdercoater can't get them done that quick, then photoshop it will be. Nonetheless, the girls are hot and the photographer is amazing!

I'm stoked about it nonetheless.

Buster

#16 ·
If you have them powder coated he should be able to have it in and out in 2 hours

#17 ·
yeah just depends on his load and what else he has in the oven at the time. His current oven is small compared to what he's in the process of building from what he has told me. I was considering powder coating the foot pegs red too but don't want to go too red with everything. I'm gonna photoshop them red and see how they look with the current setup before I make that decision.

#18 ·
Well I just photoshopped them red and they look like a big ole turd so I'm gonna stick with the springs and leave it at that.

#21 ·
Good job in PS Mack. The spring are def gonna be done. i was on the fence on the foot pegs being red until I PSed them red and saw they looked like dookie. The springs look great so they will be done for sure.

The handguards got replaced tonight and look much better than the yellow. Rox hooked us up with a set of full wrap handguards in black and Blown Concepts has sent us a new decal for them in red rather than black.

Thanks for the mock-up!
Buster

#22 ·
Ya know the worst part about my color scheme? I live in GA but am a HUGE Florida Gator fan. That being said, my color scheme has a MAJOR problem! :club:

#24 ·
Yeah I need to pull the springs and take him a wheel and get him to match the color. Maybe that will be something for the weekend so I can get it over with.

#25 ·
That really is a mean looking machine. Congrats! I'm intrigued by the prospect of somebody doing a project Renegade and I finally found one. I just bought a renegade 500 myself and after drooling over it for several hours, I started thinking about how to make it even better. I like everything you have done with yours so far but I would like to see a suspension upgrade. I didn't get the KYB's from the X Package. Crutchfield is making suspension for the outlanders and renegades. From what I understand, they are more or less Bilstein. They look pretty good on the quads too. I haven't been able to find a review on the renegade setup though.

#26 ·
Thanks Mike! and welcome to the board.

I am actually considering a suspension upgrade for it but won't be going with Crutchfields unless they want to donate a set to the project.

I would put Elkas on it if I have to buy them purely b/c I KNOW what I'm gonna get out of the Ealks from my experience with them.

We had previously contacted Crutchfield about getting a set for review that he was building for a Grizzly 700 and he wasn't interested at the time. So I bought Elkas for it and could not have been happier with the purchase.

For the cost of Crutchfields, they may be a good alternative but we have no experience with them. If I did have a set, the first thing I would do is have the springs powder-coated. The gold and blue springs just don't fly with me.

Buster

#28 ·
Thanks!

Here's an updated pic with new handguards, powder-coated spring and a new seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.