ATV Torture Forums banner

Has anyone done a 686 big bore kit w/ a +4mm stroker crank??

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  GRIZZLYWIZARD 
#1 ·
Just installed a 686 big bore kit with a +4 mm stroker crank... I believe that brings it to a 717. So far it runs great!! Wondering if anyone else has done this and if they have run into any issues with it??

#3 ·
717 Stroker ... a buddy of mine has done the 727 kit in his Rhino ... so far, (he has about 1200 miles on it ... sand & desert) he's real happy.
(I'm thinking that's what you have too) :dontknow:

Says it pulls strong & has some awesome torque .... the bast%$# has me wondering if I should stay with the 686 .... or go with the 727 ...... when I get ready to do the deed !! :icon_scratch:

Later ...
:seesaw:

#4 ·
yea he might have a +5mm stroke cause I know the +4mm stroke by itself brings it to a 691 plus a 686 big bore i get a 717 i could be wrong though...yea i just installed it this past weekend still trying to break it in...

Been having some problems with the primary clutch...the nut keeps spinning off anyone got and soultions???

#7 ·
I'm interested to know about your setup and if you've had it on a Dyno to know what kinda output you're getting at the wheels.

Fill us in dude!

Buster

#8 ·
hey if you are talking about the hod rodz strocker crank i would advise against it. I put one in my 07 and the timing gear on teh end of the crank that runs the counter shaft spun about 20 degrees so the counter shaft was hitting the crank. This happend within 20 mins of getting the bike out of the shop. I spent the extra money and went with the barker performance strocker crank.

#10 ·
Here's an update on my buddies 686 with a 4mm crank .... he's replacing the crank ... :sad2:

OK, here's the story ... not sure who he bought the crank from ... so I can't help ya out there ... but he stated after he installed the crank, he had a little more vibration than he was use to ... but didn't give it much thought.

Not sure what finally made him check out the vibration other than he said it was getting worse. When he took the crank out, the one end that rides inside some small needle bearings, was all galled up ... I saw it today & dang, it was bad.

He said he checked the crank for trueness & it was out 0.006 .... max is suppose to be 0.0014 (I think he said)

Anyway, just thought I'd pass along the info. It wasn't good for him.

BTW ... he's putt'in a stock crank back in .... along with a turbo he picked up for $100 .......... the bast%$# !!! :angry4:

Later ...
:seesaw:

#11 ·
Barker is doing my cylinder head. I have heard nothing but good about this guy. I think hot rodz is just a mass producer of parts and their quality control is lacking . I have heard horror stories about them and they just say no warranty on performance parts you must have installed it wrong.

#12 ·
try dealing with Eric at EHS racing he is very good with the Yamaha motors. He is the 1 that hooked me up with Barker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.