ATV Torture Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 660 grizzly that I recently put an aftermarket exhaust and mid pipe on. Now when the idle is low enough that it doesn't jerk when you go in gear it has a flat spot in the throttle. If you push the throttle easy it will stall. You can pin the throttle and it is fine. If you keep the idle turned up just a little too high it is fine as well except for the jerk when it goes in gear. Anyone have any sugestions?

·
SMILEY WHORE
1,028 Posts
Howdy Bear Humper,
I'd say ya need the next size larger pilot jet ..... but first, start by adjusting your air mixture screw. It's on the bottom front of the carb. It's a lot easier if you have the carb out .... but turn the screw in slowly ... until it bottoms out .. gently now ...... then turn it back out 2 turns & try it again.
If it still acts up ... do it again ... now 2 1/4 turns. But go no more than 2 1/2 turns out.

But I'd say ya need the next size larger pilot jet.

The pilot jet operates from idle to 1/8 throttle. (or 1/4 ... can't remember for sure)

The needle operates from 1/4 to 3/4 (mid range)..... you MIGHT try dropping the clip one notch, which would raise the needle ... but, I doubt ya need this right now ... ??

The main jet operates from 3/4 to full throttle.

Later ...
:headbang:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts