ATV Torture Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Boss
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are interested I will be keeping a progress report of the Dynatek Grizzly 700 Ignition box. This is only available to our registered members.

·
The Sheriff
1,827 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can't wait to see how well this works. I have only read few responses..all seem good but it seems like the few that have it have had little seat time

·
The Sheriff
1,827 Posts
Did you read our pre-review linked in my last post?

·
The Boss
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dynatek 700 Grizzly CDI Progress Report
First Real World Test Report

After doing a final once over last night and making sure every thing ons bolted, tied and strapped down it was time to give the Dynatek FS CDI a real world torture test out on the trail.

I loaded up the Grizzly and off to the Hatfield and McCoy Trails I went. We arrived at the Little Coal River trail head just a little after 8:00 a.m. this morning. Temperature was a balmy 45 and cloudy.

The Grizzly fired right up without hesitation and after a 5 minute warm up period and a chance to don my protective gear off I went. I could not help but notice the crisper throttle response of this thing now. Once I was able to re-familiarize myself with the new throttle characteristics it was time to put it through my torture testing. I threw everything at this CDI and it would not stumble or stutter.

Mid range miss is completely gone across the entire power band, and the acceleration is much smoother than ever before. This is where I personally found major flaws in the Yamaha Grizzly. The acceleration is much faster as well.

Finally I really believe the Dynatek FS CDI is worth its weight for this particular machine. You really must feel the difference to believe it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
sounds good!

Probably a dumb question..would an aftermarket CDI void the warranty?

·
The Boss
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Technically no, unless you messed something up that the CDI was directly related too. Do a Google search on the Magnuson-Moss act. That will tell you all you need to know about warranties.....and lawyers.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Can't wait for my CDI. This week is going to be a bummer. I'm slammed workwise and the quad is at the dealer for a couple of days. Hopefully by the weekend I can get my CDI installed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
whats it at the dealer for koko? one of the routine services?

Once I get back on the bike in a few months I'll have to get one of htese CDI's

The wife won't notice a mod like that one. :laughing7:

Thanks Grizzwiz thats good to know.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
That's too funny Wildwest...the best part are these hidden mods like my TFI controller. Partly because the wife has no idea! LOL

I'm just bringing my bike in to get it's valves adjusted. I've done all the fluids and filters, just never had my valves adjusted and they were getting noisy.

·
The Sheriff
1,827 Posts
What???? Paying someone to adjust your valves. Koko, I never took you for the type. :dontknow:
Koko said:
I'm just bringing my bike in to get it's valves adjusted. I've done all the fluids and filters, just never had my valves adjusted and they were getting noisy.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
BusterW said:
What???? Paying someone to adjust your valves. Koko, I never took you for the type. :dontknow:
Koko said:
Time my friend...time. I have no time. I do all my regular maitenance with filters, oil, plug etc. I just don't have time to tear the bike down and do the valves. My second job is sucking up all my free time. Heck I'm even paying for a landscaper to do my spring cleaning and fertizlization of my yard. Oh yeah and the wife wants the baby-to-be's room painted. :BangHead:

·
The Sheriff
1,827 Posts
Directly from Dynatek (dynaonline.com), eBay or one of their resellers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts