ATV Torture Forums banner

Durhamtown Plantation - Union Point, GA

9K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  1Bad1000Xxc 
#1 ·
Durhamtown Plantation is Georgia's premier off-road riding area for ATVs and Dirt bikes. Durhamtown has something for everyone, Mudders will like the swamp areas, MXers will love the 5 MX tracks and trail riders will love the 100+ miles of trails. This family oriented riding park is a great place for anyone who enjoys motorcycles and ATV. Durhamtown also provides Cabins, Camping, Pro-shop, Repair center, Pressure washing, restaurant and even broadband internet.

GPS: N33 40.333 W82 59.894

#2 ·
Well guys, I got a chance to go to Durham Town this past weekend and it was compliments of Mike thw owner of the park itself.

I absolutely cannot have enough positive things to say about Durham Town. It is located in Greensboro, GA and has over 100 miles of trails. including a Pee Wee Track, a Super Cross Track, MX Tracks, a Dirt Drag Strip and an Dirt Flat Oval Track and Freestyle Park. You can ride your Dirt Bike, ATV, Side x Sides on over 100 Miles of One Way Trails.

Their 4x4 Park consist of 20 miles of Trails with obstacles for Modified Riding and Trails designed for Stock Vehicles as well. Hill Climbs, Rock Climbing, Off Camber & plenty of mud for those Mud Boggers.

You can rent Cabins, RV's and even Dirt Bikes, ATV's and Rhinos. You can even rent all of the safety equipment such as: Helmets, Boots & Chest Protectors from our on site Rental Department. We also rent Helmet Cams and Family Radio Systems so that Families can communicate with each other while riding on the property.

They have full hook up RV Sites & Tent Camping with a Bath House for those who really enjoy roughing it! Durhamtown also offers reasonably priced RV & Secured Dirt Bike and ATV Storage for those who prefer to save gas.

Durhamtown Proshop is fully stocked with Riding Gear, Helmets, Boots, Goggles, Chest Protectors, Neck Braces, Tires, Parts & Accessories and so much more! Our prices are never retail. We are one of the largest inventory dealers in the South East.

If your Dirt Bike, ATV or Side x Side needs repairs, leave it with their Certified Technicians. They have great prices on service and repair and guarantee their work!

They have breakfast, lunch or dinner at Bevelyn's Kitchen Restaurant. Their restaurant prepares meals every weekend and holiday and are open during weekdays when there are 20 or more guest onsite.

Their staff is absolutely top notch. Not only are they constantly riding all over the trails, but on multiple occassions they road by me and asked how my day was going. At one point just after I was getting back on my quad from eating lunch, I had pulled off to the side of the "idle only zone" to put my helmet back on. A staff member pulled up beside me and asked if I was OK. I told him I was just putting my helmet back on and in turn he said "ok, I just wanted to be sure nothing was wrong".

When the owners found out I had lost my glasses and cam, they came over to us to find the trails that I was riding on primarily and immediately dispersed 2 different folks on quads to browse those trails for my lost items. Granted they didn't find them, but it was very impressive that they did so within a matter of minutes of noticing us in distress in their parking lot.

Point noted, I cannot be more impressed with their operation and will encourage anyone in the southeast to visit. We met folks from North Carolina, South Carolina and Alabama that were visting the site and of course, they noticed us via the ATVTorture Truck!

I've attached a few of the pics I took this weekend before my camera went south from bouncing around on the trails. The video footage was lost with my GoPro but when we go again, I'll update this thread with footage.

#3 · (Edited)
Dang B-Dub .... that sounds like a Top-Notch palce to visit :icon_thumleft: .... and I'm impressed they have personnel rid'in the courses checking on riders AND, they took the time to try & find yer gear ... ;;t;;

Thanks fer shar'in the info .... one comment .... I'll bet that place is a mess when it rains ...... :eek: .... WOO HOO !!!!!!

Later ...
:seesaw:

#5 ·
I'll take pics of as many of the tracks as I can when I go back. They have one that is absolutely HUGE and had dirtbikes getting major air. They also have a freestyle track with ramps for tricks.

Yes, personnel is everywhere. I even went down on trail and came upon a member of their staff on a 4-wheeler pulling a small trailer with a broken down quad and it's owner on it. They have call boxes scattered around so you can call back to the lodge if there are any problems.

They have ATV as well as SxS races depending on the time of the year with people coming from out of state to attend.

Other things to note is that a lunch tickets costs $6 and you get a choice of meat like BBQ, hotdog or a burger, 2 sides and a drink. Their BBQ was damned good. In there pro-shop, prices seemed to actually be bettter than prices at a dealership and they are a parts unlimited supplier.

#8 ·
Thats a nice looking set up. May do a trip there one day with the family. Good write up.

#9 ·
Hey mud, I would love you to come down and us go ridin'. Maybe I can race you on the strip, Gade VS. Grizz700. ;;s;;

I doubt you want none of me though. I raced a BF750 when I was there on the strip and smoked him. He knew he was gonna be a looser (admittedly) ahead of time but wanted to try a couple of times anyway.

Sux for him.

#10 ·
Honestly, I've only been to one other riding establishment, and this placed was phenomenal comparatively speaking in every aspect. They also had mud places that we didn't hit cuz we didn't care about that but the trails we hit were great.

They had a lot of straight stretches that had 2-3 foot rolling whoops spaced 40-50 feet apart I'm guessing that you could either cruise over or just rock over. Those were my favorite areas. Had I had a better setup on suspension or had mine tweaked, I could have rocked those pretty good. Ahhhh, sooky, sooky!!!!!

#12 ·
Well, I can't compete with a twin, but I will put the old tires on and we can still have a blast. I'm still looking for another set of 14" rims to put yer old tires on so I can ride trails and switch back to mud.

#13 ·
Here's one of the many videos we took at Durham Town this past weekend.

Topgun09 is riding in front of me after the 1 minute mark on the KFX450 that we are doing the build on.

This is an awesome area that we are going back to next weekend and then again Septemeber 6th to watch their 8hr URV rally.

I will post more videos once we get them off the cams.

Buster

#15 ·
Well it was better before youtube downsampled it. I have quite a few more I'm gonna put up as well. This week I should be getting a new camera to test when we go back this weekend. The new system will allow me to flip between a forward facing and rear facing cam to capture multiple angles with the flip of a switch.

#16 ·
Well we went back to DurhamTown this weekend for a ride and it was one of the best we had had yet. We didn't see any of the trails this trip that we road the entire last trip. There had been just enough rain early in teh week so we didn't come home loaded with dust boogers and there was enough mud so the mud lovers could play.

I actually don't like mud play at all and got a wild hair where the sun don't shine. Let's jsut say afterwards the Renegade was sitting a few inches lower than before. Tonight it will finally see the pressure washer. That should be fun after mud has been clumped everywhere for 2 solid days now.

Anyway, we took a good bit of video footage with our Xtreme Recall cam system that shoots front and rear footage. As soon as I can get all of that off of the camera and edited, I will post some videos here. That camera system is amazing and I hope I got some good footage before I covered them in mud. Actually forgot to clean them afterwards but I should still ahve enough to show all of you some of the trails we road.

As I've said before, it's one hell of an operation they have there and the food is great. We look forward to going back and to also visting some of the other Georgia ATV Parks, especially Rocky Creek ATV in Culoden, which is a bit closer to home, and makes it even more enticing for us than it already is.

Happy trails!

Buster

#17 ·
Here's some of the footage I got on my Xtreme Recall Camera System. I had one camera mounted under the bill of my helmet and the other mounted with a RAM mount on the rear rack. The cool thing about teh Xtreme Recall system that they put together for me is that I have a toggle switch on my bars where I can flip between the two cameras while riding.

I did not lay an audio track over this b/c I wanted everyone to be able to hear the quads. After all, most trail cam videos have music laid on top simply to replace the poor audio quality of the cam. With the Xtreme recall cams, you don't need to. Actually the microphone I have picks up my loud 4-wheeler so good, I had to muffle the microphone some so it wouldn't blast you away.

I encourage you to double click the video to open it in youtube and see it at full scale rather than how small it is displaying below.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.