ATV Torture Forums banner

CDI QUESTION

Tags
cdi question
3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Koko 
I'd go with an actual exhaust before I went with a CDI on the 660. I think the big allure for a CDI is on the 700 Grizz to cure an inherent timing issue that causes a midrange "miss" that becomes more noticeable when you mod the engine.

SARGE said:
Koko said:
I'd go with an actual exhaust before I went with a CDI on the 660. I think the big allure for a CDI is on the 700 Grizz to cure an inherent timing issue that causes a midrange "miss" that becomes more noticeable when you mod the engine.
There shall be no piping. How would a CDI hurt? Not flaming, I'm seriously dumb to this.
I don't think a CDI would hurt you at all. But in terms of a performance "bang for the buck" a pipe will get you there. there's a couple aftermarket pipes that are not very loud. I never added one because of how loud they were, until HMF came out with the swamp series. I don't even have to run a quiet core. The best test is my wife, she didn't even notice a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.