ATV Torture Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· The Boss
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The worlds first earth utility vehicle.

BAREFOOT MOTORS was founded on the conviction that green utility vehicles can meet or exceed the performance characteristics of the conventional products. What we discovered was that there are times when an electric vehicle naturally is the better choice.

The MODEL ONE ATV provides all the high performance, heavy duty speed and torque for agricultural and industrial applications and it's a smoother ride-lower noise, less heat and zero fumes.

* 100% ELECTRIC
* HI/LO GEAR
* AWD
* LITHIUM BATTERIES
* 1000LBS TOWING CAPACITY
* REGENERATIVE BRAKING

Greenhouse gas is not one of our product specifications.

Aside from the rider not wearing a helmet, it looks interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpRdSLaLaFs

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Re: Electric ATV

No thanks...I'll give them credit for innovation, but I'll leave it at that. Then again, did they just borrow the technology from an electric golf cart? One last question...is that the guy from Mythbusters?

G

·
Re: Electric ATV

Well the stats are eye catching. Need solid long term reviews though. Longevity of batteries, overall reliability, and of course prices would probably be through the roof. Not knocking the idea all together, I would just need more proof that this electric thing is the way to go. Another consderation is safety. I've got a friend who is a fire fighter and they had to be trained on how to deal with electric vehicles in accidents after some fire fighters were killed or seriously injured by these things when trying to perform extractions. JMO.

:glasses2:

· The Boss
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updated information

Jamie Hyneman's "brain child"

Jamie's "Baby" the video on the Barefoot ATV for the Science Channel episode on EVs is now linked on their website check it out here and there's a link on the Mythbusters home page too, also there's some great discussions going on on the mythbuster fan site about the ATV, which is great!

The initial proof of concept Barefoot ATV, the Model One built on a Polaris Sportsman(r) chassis went head to head with a Polaris Sportsman 800. The video is short and it edits down the time trials. On the day of filming BOTH Adam and Jamie rode BOTH vehicles in the time trials. In BOTH cases, Jamie and Adam's time on the Model One was faster in the crazy twisty turny course that was set up, and no advantages were given to the Model One, none at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.