ATV Torture Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am not worried about my ears as much as those who ride with me so I guess I should get several pairs of ear plugs. No, seriously though they are getting real tough on us in the Black Hills trying to shut down trails and I just dont want to contribute any ammo to thier cause.

·
Registered
556 Posts
SDRider said:
Hey guy's, can I use this on a stock Grizzly without adding a fuel controller. I have the 2r racing tip and mine is an 08 so I can not adjust my pod settings. Thanks
I would say yes you can use the Dynatek CDI with a 2R exhaust tip and not need a fuel controller. My Grizzly 700 is a late production 2007 model that has the non-adjustable pod. I have a Uni air filter in the stock airbox, a Dynatek CDI, and a 2R exhaust tip. The Grizzly runs great from low end to top end, with no miss or hesitation. I do ride at 6000 to 11000 ft elevation, but the fuel injection is supposed to compensate for altitude. So I don't think my Grizzly is any less likely to experience a lean condition than someone elses, just because of the altitude. I wouldn't let the thought of needing a fuel controller stop you from using the Dynatek CDI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi to all.

Can someone tell me, what exactly Dyno CDI do to Grizz 700! I want to understant what will happen to my pet, when I install it. What is the different to Grizzly 660, which is not fuel injection.

Thanks

·
The Sheriff
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
In simple terms, the CDI from Dynatek is going to eliminate the mid-range miss that the 700 has. They all have it and you will hear it after an aftermarket exhaust. It will slightly lean the quad out and give you more power. The primary thing that it does is Dynatek puts their own ignition curves into the box to give you a different ignition curve over factory that will give you an impressive power response and get rid of this blip you hear at 20-30 MPH when you install a different pipe. It's there with factory exhaust, you juist can't hear it.

Once a new exhaust is intalled with the factory CDI, it makes the miss obvious at 20-30mph. However, with the new curves from Dyna, that is gone and you'll better feel the power band of the quad.

Buster

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for response.

Just one more thing, which you didn't tell me or I didn't understand. My Friend have Gizzly 660 and is very curious. By 700FI fuel/air mix control the computer through injection sistem. But how it works on Grizz 660. He don't have an injection sistem, but a curburator. Do I need to replace it whit bigger or is all in computer box that increase power of engine.

Have nice day
Mozinc

·
The Sheriff
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
On the 660, you don't have to change the carb to a larger one but you MAY need to change the jets in the carburetor. But, you won't really know until you install the CDI, install a new spark plug, run it a little and see how the plug looks, If it's tending to run lean, you'll need to change the jets accordingly to richen it back up a little and obtain optimum performance.

Buster

41 - 47 of 47 Posts