ATV Torture Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
The Sheriff
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
OK, here are the latest instructions from Dyna in pdf format with better images that what comes in the box.

Also,keep in mind my tips below.
The right side panel is all ya gotta pull and yep the directions suck. Gary also pulled his airbox but I didn't. May have been easier since the airbox is pretty easy to yank.

for the throttle body connection, you'll have a Y-connector on the DynaFS that looks like the throttle body plug. Unplug the throttle body connector from the throttle body, plug it into the y-connector and the other side of the Y back to the throttle body.

Connect the coil up as directed. I reconnected my reverse connector to the quad as I didn't like loosing functionaility fo the reverse light. All it did anyway was remove the reverse rev limit anyway which i care nothing about removing personally. I do care though to know for sure if I'm in reverse or not. That being said, if you don't object to the reverse rev limiter, skip that step.

As far as the other plugs, they can't be connected wrong as the plugs on the harness will only match up to a single plug on the bike down there on the right side under the airbox.

Did that help?
Buster

·
The Sheriff
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
OK, the full review has been completed. Go here to see it.

Enjoy!

Buster

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice work guys :headbang:

Maybe one day yamaha will save us about 2 grand and do the job right the first time around. I real dislike the fact that we the consumer are left to hop up our machines throw the aftermarket instead of bying a bike that is ready to rumble right of the bat. I think we should bombbard their email adresses with links to all the fixes to there mistakes and maybe just maybe they might listen. {{ooo}} Although its fun to customize our bikes ( and i injoy doing so) its getting to be a bit much in the money department to match the power of stock bike on the market by different manufactures. ie Can-Am and the Brutal Farces

Ok rant over

·
The Sheriff
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well, I understand your point and it's valid. However, no matter how fast the manufacturers made products, us hop-up addicts would still strive to get more out of it. It would be better though to have it faster right out of the crate so we have a faster and stronger starting point.

Buster

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guy's, can I use this on a stock Grizzly without adding a fuel controller. I have the 2r racing tip and mine is an 08 so I can not adjust my pod settings. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
GRIZZLYWIZARD said:
SDRider,

You should be able to use the 2R tip without a fuel controller.
Sorry, should have been more clear! Can I use the Dynatek FS CDI without a fuel controller on my Grizz that is stock except the racing tip? Thanks

·
The Boss
4,362 Posts
SDRider said:
GRIZZLYWIZARD said:
SDRider,

You should be able to use the 2R tip without a fuel controller.
Sorry, should have been more clear! Can I use the Dynatek FS CDI without a fuel controller on my Grizz that is stock except the racing tip? Thanks
That's a very good question. My guess woul be no since you are changing ignition timing. Most of have had to add more fuel with the use of controllers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SDRider: I have the exact same setup but I have the 07. 2R tip and Dynatek CDI, everything else is stock. I did raise my POD up to 20 before the CDI unit was put on. Everything is running great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
flipper said:
SDRider: I have the exact same setup but I have the 07. 2R tip and Dynatek CDI, everything else is stock. I did raise my POD up to 20 before the CDI unit was put on. Everything is running great.
Unfortunately I cant adjust the pod settings. How is the difference before and after. Coming off a Kawi V-Twin I am trying to get some of that power back. I love everything about the Grizzly but want to be able to pull the front end up at will at speed as I mostly trail ride in the hills some fast and some slower technical and getting the front off the ground whenever needed has kept me out of trouble more times than I can count. Thanks

·
The Boss
4,362 Posts
Well my opinion to get true potential is airbox mods, free flowing exhaust, fuel controller and CDI. That will make it close to the BF's power. Add a clutch and then you should be real happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It wasn't mind blowin g but I could feel a difference in low end. the big plus for me ( and maybe it might not be for all of us) was hte fact it got rid of the dang miss between 30-35mph. When climbinh mountains in West Virginia I would feel that miss at a lower speed and it makes you feel uneasy when your kissing your front racks to keep the quad on all fours and you feel that miss.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is what I am thinking of getting. What do you all think? Dynatek FS CDI, EHS lid and EHS Intake, some brand of fuel controller dont know which is best, and possibly a clutch kit later if I feel it still needs more. I don't know much about this stuff so let me know if I am going in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'd start with the air filter (or couple with an EHS lid), then a fuel controller, then exhuast, then a CDI.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I didn't want to do exhaust because of the noise. Is there any that are like stock noise wise that would get me sinificant gains?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I feel the Swamp Series exhaust from HMF can't be beat for noise. It's not loud at all and I noticed some great gains. A few guys here have purchased them as welll. Maybe they will chime in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
OHHH just get the hmf utility series with OUT the quiet core. Then get some $1.50 ear plugs from the gun store.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts