Renegades
2010 Can-Am Renegade 800R EFI X xc
2010 Can-Am Renegade 800R EFI

Outlanders
2010 Can-Am Outlander MAX 800R EFI LTD
2010 Can-Am Outlander 800R EFI XT-P
2010 Can-Am Outlander 800R EFI XT
2010 Can-Am Outlander 800R EFI

The Renegade X is now called an Xxc for Cross country and has power steering and a new 650 watt magneto.

The Dynamic Power Steering called DPS has 2 on the fly modes for it where the rider can choose between a minimum and maximum setting.

Outlander Max LTD models are equipped with Air Control Suspension (ACS), the industry’s first suspension system that lets riders customize their ride on the fly. Plus, new additions like dual-mode Dynamic Power Steering (DPS™), cast-aluminum wheels, a Garmin nüvi∞ 500 touchscreen GPS and quick-engaging Visco-Lok QE. It’s a quad that can only truly be appreciated in one place. And it’s not on a Website.

The real kick in the shorts in the standard Renegade for 2010 has an MSRP of $9,699 and the Renegade Xxc has an MSRP of $12,199. The Outlander Max LTD is $13,449. WOWSER!

Visco lock has been updated to provide faster engagement.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I just can't say that I care too much for the looks of the new Xxc Rene. The plastics look as if they had too much yellow left overs from teh 2009 production year so tried to incorporate it into the Xxc to get rid of some leftovers.

Having DPS is something i just knew in my gut the 2010 would have. This was a much needed option and the fact that the rider can change the amount of assistance that the system provides is the nicest feature I've seen of power steering enabled quads. bravo to BRP for coming up with this innovative idea.

I'm wondering now what it is gonna take to add the wiring harness and DPS module to the 2009 for a conversion to power steering. From then, there would be an issue with the other electronics needed to control the unit. It may not even be feasible but will be interesting to see if it is doable and at what expense.

It will be interesting to see over the coming days if any changes were made to the engine to produce more power from the 799cc boss.

Buster

#4 ·
I like the Yellow/Black as well, I only wish they would have given more options. I was never really much of a stickler when it came to the color scheme of quad any way. I like camo, cause the damn thing was usually brown anyway. If it was red, you would never know it; but different stokes I guess.

As for converting the 09 to the power steering, I am guessing that it would not be worth the time, money and hassle. It is for certain an entire new wiring harness would be necessary. On top of that, they upgraded the stator / magneto give it the proper electric it needed (we all know the Gade had a poor charging system). So that swap would need done, and then the cost of the steering mechanism. I would be surprised if the entire conversion would be under 2G's for the parts.

I am very glad that I waited for this release. I am considering the 2010 now, the only thing that will hold me back would be the fact that they would not be available for several months, and I have the wants now. Decisions.....Decisions!

#5 ·
I like the Yellow/Black as well, I only wish they would have given more options.
More options?

In just the 800 class they have:

Outty - Colors to choose from
Outty XT-P
Outty XT - Colors to choose from
Outty XT Max - Colors to choose from
Gade - Colors to choose from
Gade X
Gade Xxc

That's far more options than the competion. I do agree 100% about the camo. I'm glad I snagged one of those for sure.

#6 ·
Well I honestly don't like the yellow plastics mixed in with the black on the Xxc but it's my opinion. I like the solid black more. A lot of that comes from the fact that I can't stand yellow. the happiest part of the project -X build so far has been finally getting every bit of yellow gone from it.

Of course, with a beautifully designed graphics kit from Robb at Blown Concepts, those yellow plastics could virtually disappear.

Power steering and the larger stator are fabulous additions though.

#7 · (Edited)
let me first say, i wasn't in the market for a 2010 can am (or any other atv, for that matter). the upgraded stator is nice, yet we should have had a more powerful charging system years ago. power steering is not an option that i would want - i prefer to receive feedback through the bars and a steering stabilizer is all that i feel is necessary in the steering dept. i feel it's just additional weight, current draw and more things to go wrong - not to mention the $$. i never had a problem with the visco-lok and i ride in alot of rocky, technical areas. they've claimed improvements in years past and nobody seemed to notice much of a difference, maybe there is and maybe not - doesn't really do anything for me. not concerned with colors/graphics. beadlocks are nice, but i'd rather purchase them aftermarket. never felt a need for the front sway bar, but may consider upgrading later. all in all, i'm disappointed they didn't step up to 1000cc or introduce a SXS. but, like i said, i wasn't buying anyway. :hello:

#17 ·
i never had a problem with the visco-lok and i ride in alot of rocky, technical areas. they've claimed improvements in years past and nobody seemed to notice much of a difference, maybe there is and maybe not - doesn't really do anything for me.

Dude, i've riden an 06 or 07 Outty (base model) and lemme tell you, I could see a difference in the VISCO LOK. The engagment is faster and less jerky on the 09.

#8 ·
Stray, I understand what you are saying about being let down about not having a bigger engine released as i'm sure most folks are. It was almost expected or anticipated by most if not all can-am enthusiasts. However, we have seen in the past manufacturers releasing other models later on and hopefully that will be the case for a larger powehouse model.

That being said, I've HEARD, for whatever that is worth, that a side by side may be released around November. But, I don't know if that is purely speculation or not and it very well could be.

Buster

#11 ·
I agree with Koko. Granted the color combo you'll love or hate, I can't believe that the BRP marketing and design dept. just tossed the color together without doing their homework first and determining what people wanted. I still don't understand why they didn't offer multiple color combinations for the Xxc.

#12 ·
Yeah the Xxc is pretty tacky to me but it's only my opinion. I swaer I think the thought process behind it was hey, let's come up with a color scheme so we can use all these extra yellow peices we have sitting in storage. Then we'll do the beads yellow as well so it looks well planned and intentional. I think if I had an 2010, i would have to replace those yellow plastics with 2009 black pieces to be happy with it.

#14 ·
Well there's no way you can "be sure" of that unless you have an officially documented statement from someone in the design or marketing area of BRP. So, to say you're "sure" is a falsification. Now, on the other hand, if you "felt confident" that there was some logic related to the logo and branding and ackowledged that it was purely an assumption, that would be a more accurate way to express your idea on this matter.

So, to clarify, are you SURE or do you FEEL CONFIDENT that the color decision was related to branding and logos?

;;s;;

#18 ·
Well i am certainly not sure, as I do not sit in on the marketing and design meetings. However, people do things for a reason, it is human nature. Do you think that they didn't create the color scheme that way just cause they had some pallets or certain colors left over?

I have already expressed my thoughts and dissatisfaction that they did not extend some additional colors for the new X.

While yellow is NOT MY CHOICE, CAN AM DEFINITELY HAS A THING FOR IT. Take a look at the logos and website. I see a lot of Yellow incorporated in it for whatever reason. It has been proven in studies that the color Yellow has been used effectively in marketing to increase sales and is indicative to laughter, happiness and good times. A person surrounded by yellow feels optimistic because the brain actually releases more seratonin when around this color.

#16 ·
Keep in mind the 2009 and prior had a minimal amount of yellow compared to the 2010. The 10 is half and half.::confused::

#19 ·
That yellow and black Renegade is hideous. It looks like they couldn't decide whether to make it look like a bumble bee, or a school bus. One of the ugliest color schemes I've ever seen. I like the power steering upgrade, but I sure don't like the price increase. $12,000+ for that quad is just way, way, way, WAY, WAY too much.

3TV

#24 ·
PINK! Wow...

I don't disagree with you guys on the price. I have heard many people say how much they like the Can AM lineup but simply cannot justify the expense. By raising the price even more you push it further from the reach of yet one more demographic.

As for the price, if you look at the costs of PS upgrades to many quads you will see a good jump in price. I am still not sure that the price upgrade is worth it myself, but it will be interesting to see what they actually sell them for.

Finally, I thought that the wheels on the Gade X were true bead locks?

#26 ·
Price

Well, for me the price is a big deal. They need to be a little more competitive. I love the machine tho. I have several friends with them. There is no better sounding 4 wheeler with after market exhaust. Good improvements on this models but I don't know if it's enough to justify the price increase. JMO

#31 ·
I had been planning on upgrading my '09 Renegade 800 R to a '10 Renegade 800 X xc. My '09 Renegade has been great, but it really needs better suspension. Changing to the X model would have given me better suspension, or at least adjustable suspension, which is what I need for our rocky terrain. My son and I ride a little too fast in the rocks, and I have bent the handlebars on my Renegade from hard impacts (not crashes), and I have frequently sprung body panels loose from their mounts, and had the seat come off, just from blitzing through rock beds wide open. He has tore a few plastic shields off the bottom of his Grizzly, and last weekend a headlight mount broke off, just from hitting the rocks too hard. That kid is nuts in the technical stuff, and I can't keep up with him on the Can Am when he is on the Grizzly. Better suspension on the Can Am would have helped immensely, and power steering would have also helped a great deal. BUT, ... Can Am went and decreased the gas tank size for '10. WTF? What did decreaseing the gas tank size gain Can Am? Thats the dumbest thing I've ever seen. We frequently go on 100+ mile rides, and on the Grizzly it is no big deal because it has racks that allow you to tie gas cans to. But the Renegade has no racks and no way to carry more fuel. The smaller gas tank size is an absolute deal breaker for me. Not to mention the $2000 increase in price! Holy crap, what were they thinking? Add to that price increase the fact that you need to take a new Can Am back to the dealer for the first service in order to keep the warranty intact, and that adds another $300 for that service. The cost of upgrading to a '10 Renegade is just too high, and Can Am priced themselves out of a sale with me. I'll keep my '09 with its larger gas tank, and may upgrade the suspension with aftermarket products for less money.

3TV

#34 ·
Well if it is a typo it is a typo everywhere, including their pdf brochure of the 2010 quad available from their site.

My only thought as to why they decreased tank size is weight and yes, it is stupid b/c the extra gallon only added 5lbs. however, the new quad is still 7 lbs heavier than the 2009 dry which is odd. Obviously the power steering box added some weight as well as a larger magneto, but I don't see any other weight variable.

So, if an 09 was 607lbs and if the 2010 had a 1 gallon larger tank, being the same as the 2009, it would bump the 2010 to 619lbs dry. So, we're talking 12lbs difference in the 2 for DPS and a larger magneto and the same size tank. I can see the DPS and magneto adding 12lbs and it would be worth it, but not at the expense of tank size. I agree, stupid move to go along with the 2k price hack as I think they just stopped a LOT of owners from upgrading and a lot of other folks purchasing their first can-am.

I'll be honest. It took me awhile to bit the bullet and buy my 09-X based on the MSRP of it and I almost waited to see what was coming for 2010. I knew I wanted power steering coming off of a Grizzly, and I figured they would ahve it for 2010. However, now I'm glad I didn't wait to buy b/c I simply couldn't and wouldn't fork out that kinda change for a 4-wheeler. I'm doubting I'm alone.

Buster

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.