ATV Torture Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hoping someone on here might be able to answer as Ive had no luck with my dealer.
I have a 2008 Arctic Cat 700 EFI that has 328 miles and was running excellent up until this afternoon when I went to run it...now mind you it has sat for a week or two. But I got it turned over first shot no problem and let it ilde for 1-2 mins and took off on it. I got about 400 yards and it started backfiring and starting to sputter it did this untill it stalled. I started it back up and it crank real hard for 10-15 seconds. I finally got it started and let it "warm up" for another min and took back off on it till i got about another 100 yards and it died on me all together. When i tried to start it again, it was stall as soon as I touch the throttle.
I initially thought it was fuel pump but i can hear it run. after doing research i tihnk it might be the TPS (throttle position sensor). Can anyone confirm? Ive heard people talking baout adjusting them, is it something special or do you need a tool or something? Ive read something about "center of the screen" and "lines" and "codes". Can someone shed some light...
Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here!!!

I am having the exact same problem here is my post.......Hi all, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a 2008 Cat 700 EFI (not an H1). My problem is the wheeler runs great when it is cold. Starts up as it should smooth idle. After a short riding time maybe a mile or so, it will begin to run rough, miss and stall if enough throttle is not supplied. If it should stall it will not fire up again until it is stone cold. Then it will repeat this issue. I have drained the tank and refilled with new gas and additive and changed the plug, no improvement. Any suggestions?? So far I have not figured this out either if I do I'll letcha know. Have you had any luck???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2008 700EFI that starts fine, idles fine cold but as soon as the engine has come up to nominal operating temp it will no longer idle. Anyone know how to fix this, I would imagine its a sensor of some sort but don't know where to start? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I am new to this forum and i have the same problem with my bike. was wondering if you ever fixed the problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here!!!

I am having the exact same problem here is my post.......Hi all, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a 2008 Cat 700 EFI (not an H1). My problem is the wheeler runs great when it is cold. Starts up as it should smooth idle. After a short riding time maybe a mile or so, it will begin to run rough, miss and stall if enough throttle is not supplied. If it should stall it will not fire up again until it is stone cold. Then it will repeat this issue. I have drained the tank and refilled with new gas and additive and changed the plug, no improvement. Any suggestions?? So far I have not figured this out either if I do I'll letcha know. Have you had any luck???
Did you solve the problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts