ATV Torture Forums banner
6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  BATTLEGUN 
#1 ·
I just had my first service done on the 09 Outlander 800R and finally got some seat time in this weekend. The ATV seemed to be more powerful than before?? There is a particular straight stretch with some very small whoops in it that I could not hold on in! The power really seems to come in the mid range and continues to increase in the top-end of the scale. The power at the bottom end isn't fear factor but the tires on the 800R XT seem to be near instant hook-up catapulting the ATV into the very powerful mid-range (running loose gravel and dirt). As I mentioned, this is an improvement from pre-first service. There has been an actual seat-of-the-pants gain! MUCH FUN! I can't wait to do the review on this aspect of the ATV!

#4 ·
What did the first service entail that would have helped it gain power. Did they adjust valves in the service that could have helped them be better seated resulting in more power?

B

#5 ·
What did the first service entail that would have helped it gain power. Did they adjust valves in the service that could have helped them be better seated resulting in more power?

B
The first service is very thorough, but there is nothing done that would increase power. I can say once the quad reached the required hours, I stopped driving it. It was about 3-4 weeks before I could get it serviced.

I know, I know, it sounds absurd, and maybe it is. But I can feel a difference.

#6 ·
Battlegun .... you kinda like this new machine don't ya ?? :yay: .... Not that we can actually tell by your often indepth bragg'in threads mind you ... it's just, being the observant sorta guy I am ... I can kinda tell, when you write things like ... "There has been an actual seat-of-the-pants gain !" ... at first ... I thought ya filled your shorts :eek: .... then I read the "MUCH FUN" part ... guess ya didn't huh !?? ;;s;;

Now, since you're so fired up about this NEW machine, and I'm not sure you have done any "Performance" mods to it yet .... on another forum, I talked to a guy in Alaska who has the Can-Am 800 like yours .... well, not actually like yours ... his is a year older .... anyway .... he did a clutch kit & a pipe & had a video .... pretty impressive .... not that my Grizz couldn't kick some sorry Can-Am butt .... if we was in 5 ft of snow, you had tires ... & I had my tracks ... & remembered that little red button needs to be pushed in :icon_thumleft: ......... WHAT ?? .... Stay With the Subject ?? .... Oh yeah .... sorry .... anyway ..... here's a link to the stuff he added. Thought ya might be interested.
http://www.aaenperformance.com/Acces_P5.asp

Enjoy Big Guy .... :headbang:

Later .....
:seesaw:

#7 ·
Well Gunny, I didn't see it as bragging, but I guess maybe it is. I'm not the kind of guy to go round bragging though. What Buster said kinda made me think, what would actually cause the sensation of more power? I am clueless really. However, I can recall some folks on other forums talking about their ATV seemingly increasing in power as it was broken in. One fella even went so far as to say he witnessed it happen while riding. I've also heard tell that older 800 H.0. really comes into its own after about 200 miles.

Having mentioned older, I'm very impressed with the link Gunny. That is some good stuff. I'm def. going to look into those products. The one thing I do not have clarification on is whether or not products for the 800 H.0. (2008 & back) will work on the 800R (2009).

#8 ·
Well Gunny, I didn't see it as bragging ...
SOB ... I had a really cool & funny post all typed up ... clicked submit ... & the damn thing crashed :angry4: ..... it ws not the forums fault ... said something about the server ....

Battlegun ... I was just jabb'in ya little dude nobash ... all in fun :angel4: .... besides, it's a great bike, right ?? :icon_thumleft: ... So brag !!! ... It's very interesting to read your reports.

Besides, they either makes us jealous ... or makes us run out & fire up the Grizz, race down the street, like really, really fast .... come back to the house & say to ourselves ... "I could kick his ass !" :glasses9:

You keep the 09-Outlander Updates a-coming OK .... just be prepared, if I'm in a good mood .... or added to much sugar to my "Fee" (coffee) ... either by mistake or by design .... you might get jabbed .... so feel free to jab back dude !!! .... :boxing1:

About the mod parts, maybe give them a call & see if they have anything for the 09 yet ??

So, "Carry On, I'll be in the area all day ...." :icon_salut:

Later ...
:seesaw:

#9 ·
Sounds great. From what ive heard from many people the rotax takes a little bit to really let loose, but once it does, you see a great increase in power. As for mods, you need to be careful with the 09s engine upgrade wise. The 08s ran a little bit richer then the 09s, so you could add a pipe without a tuner, but from what ive read, adding a pipe to a 09 sometimes ends up to you needing to get a PC3 or other type of tuner, and bringing the bike to a dyno to get it tuned. Im sure you could get away with adding a slip on with a quiet core. The less then anticipated low end will probably get better over time, but can am in their promotional videos do say they smoothed out the low end for 2009, not sure if its clutch wise or it had to do with the new cams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.