Polaris Defense Introduces Multi-Passenger Military Vehicle - ATV Torture Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
The Boss

Polaris Defense Introduces Multi-Passenger Military Vehicle

Polaris Defense Introduces Multi-Passenger Military Vehicle

Company Delivers First MVRS800 to the Army

MINNEAPOLIS (November 26, 2007) — Polaris Industries Inc. today announced the Company has delivered a military version of Polaris’ “Hardest Working, Smoothest Riding” RANGER™ utility vehicle to the U.S. Army at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

The MVRS800, is the newest addition to the Polaris family of Ultra Light Tactical Vehicles produced for the military. It is powered by a 760cc, 40hp Patriot Engine™ that operates on JP8, the U.S. military's standard fuel. This breakthrough engine was first introduced by Polaris earlier this year on the militarized all terrain vehicle (ATV), the MV800.

To withstand rugged terrain and the harsh environments the military expects these vehicles to perform in, the MVRS features a rugged, steel exoskeleton, high-capacity fuel tank, run flat tires and completely sealed power train which can ford up to 30 inches of water. For easy transport of soldiers or gear, the vehicle also has a front storage rack, multiple D-rings, weapons storage and a rear bed with fold-down sides. The rear bed is adaptable to accessories such as litter racks and rear seating. Polaris also offers a gasoline powered version of this vehicle called the MVRS700.

"Polaris continues to assess the needs of the Armed Forces to provide them with vehicles that offer capability that can meet a wide variety of needs," said Mark McCormick, managing director, Polaris Defense. "The MVRS is based on our popular line of RANGER side by side vehicles known for their toughness and smooth riding capability. Basing the MVRS on the RANGER platform ensures a cost effective Ultra Light Tactical Vehicle that can conquer the toughest military demands."

Polaris Defense has been successfully providing a family of vehicles to the U.S. Armed Forces since 2001. Established to provide vehicles, spare parts and training to the military, Polaris Defense is dedicated to supporting its customers with a total capability for the demanding needs they have in all environments worldwide.

About Polaris
With annual 2006 sales of $1.7 billion, Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), including the Polaris RANGER™, snowmobiles and Victory motorcycles for recreational and utility use.

Polaris is a recognized leader in the snowmobile industry; and one of the largest manufacturers of ATVs in the world. Victory motorcycles, established in 1998 and representing the first all-new American-made motorcycle from a major company in nearly 60 years, are rapidly making impressive in-roads into the motorcycle cruiser and touring marketplace. Polaris also enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Pure Polaris apparel, accessories and parts, available at Polaris dealerships.

Polaris Industries Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PII,” and the Company is included in the S&P Small-Cap 600 stock price index.

Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories are available from authorized Polaris dealers or anytime from the Polaris homepage at www.polarisindustries.com.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Points: 1,575, Level: 22 Points: 1,575, Level: 22 Points: 1,575, Level: 22
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Re: Polaris Defense Introduces Multi-Passenger Military Vehicle

I can't believe the military chose polaris!!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
The Boss

Well with them being American made they are also more apt to "built to suit" to the military's specs. Look at how long they kept the GM vehicles with the International diesels. That was the only motor you could add fuel and oil and get PURE Noise.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 03:00 PM
owen

They should grab a few Rzrs, put some bullet proof body panels and doors onto em, slap a machine gun on top and make some mini Humvees.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Points: 958, Level: 16 Points: 958, Level: 16 Points: 958, Level: 16

I am surprised they did not look into the Arctic Cat Diesel 700. Well the POP does look like a tank anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Brute Force 750i (seat belt optional) | 26'' Interco Swamp lites on ITP 112's| API Storage bag | Viper 2500lb Classic Winch with Green Amsteel
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Points: 1,575, Level: 22 Points: 1,575, Level: 22 Points: 1,575, Level: 22

Far from being a tank, more like an anchor
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 02:34 PM

I'm sure the government will start using them. How can't they? They'd only need to transport one type of fuel.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 02:55 PM
owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom
I am surprised they did not look into the Arctic Cat Diesel 700. Well the POP does look like a tank anyway.
Who knows, Polaris' bid might have come in lower than Arctic Cat, could be a number of reasons. I'd like to know more about the JP8 fuel though, I wonder if its combusted by spark like pump gas or is it compression ignited like a diesel.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 05:41 AM
battlegun

This appears, to me, to be answer to a problem that I didn't know they cared about. The military uses Polaris Rangers now, and also John Deere Gators. The gators, are obviously built for the military as they are not JD Green, but OD Green and run on JP8. However, the gators are not very adaptable, like the Ranger. So maybe this is the do it all ATV Just a thought.

BTW, I've never played on the Rangers, but have used the JD Gators often, they are like mini tanks, only without ANY protection from ANYTHING. Still fun to play with though.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 03:53 PM
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

I have a 2008 MVRS800 with the patriot engine. Where can I get parts? HELP!
Ron
[email protected]
THANK YOU