ATV Torture Forums banner

850xp Welch plug/customer service

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Captjay 
#1 ·
I've been fighting with Polaris for a few months now. Had oil blowing out of the vent line under the headlight. Talked to Polaris and amazingly enough they'd never heard of it. I informed them that I'd done an internet search and came up with the welch plug. They said that it was my main seal and that's a wear item so not covered warranty. I asked them how they are able to diagnose the problem over the phone and why it couldn't be the plug? They said the plug was a "captured plug" and there for could not come out.

When the transmission was removed it was found to be the Welch plug and not the main seal (shock and amazement)(I've got some good pictures of this but don't know how to attach them). When I talked to customer service, again, they said that it's not a manufacturer issued and that it's not covered. They said there was a Service Bulletin on '09 for the upper breather but not on the '10. I pointed out that the 9 and 10 had the same part # so there for it's a know problem. They refused to acknowledge and type of issued and just continually stated that it's out of warranty and there for not their issued. They offered my $500 in accessories. I turned them down and offered them my lawyer.

I will be starting a class action lawsuit. If this has happened to you get a hold of me and I can put you in touch with my lawyer when this gets rolling.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.