New Members Introduce Yourself Here... - ATV Torture Forums
New Member Introductions Post up an intro and get to know the community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 606 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
The Sheriff

New Members Introduce Yourself Here...

ATV Torture and all of our current members welcome our newest members to the forum. Take a minute to introduce yourself here so we can get to know you a bit.

We're glad to have you on board.

Sincerely,

ATV Torture & the Review Crew Team
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 606 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Points: 453, Level: 9 Points: 453, Level: 9 Points: 453, Level: 9
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Good afte noon everyone ,I m Bmoose and yes Im going to ask alot of questions due to the fact I know nothing about how to work on atv's, Thanks for the help thus far.
post #3 of 606 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 07:29 PM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoose69 View Post
Good afte noon everyone ,I m Bmoose and yes Im going to ask alot of questions due to the fact I know nothing about how to work on atv's, Thanks for the help thus far.
Welcome to the site Bmoose69. Ask as many question as you need. Hopefully we can help.

post #4 of 606 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

Greetings all,

My work may be taking me to Kodiak, AK where a quad would be right at home, so I'm doing as much research as possible to buy one here in Sacramento, CA before I drive up this summer. Was thinking about the new Yamaha Griz 550 but it seems the 700 is more popular. Hmm. Back to reading.....
post #5 of 606 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 05:02 AM
THE ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme1360 View Post
Greetings all,

My work may be taking me to Kodiak, AK where a quad would be right at home, so I'm doing as much research as possible to buy one here in Sacramento, CA before I drive up this summer. Was thinking about the new Yamaha Griz 550 but it seems the 700 is more popular. Hmm. Back to reading.....
Welcome to the sitextreme1360. You will find that opinions on ATV brands are as plentiful as stars in the Alaskan Sky. You are correct that the 700 is more discussed here. This could be due to the fact that the 550 just came out or that the 700 is the premiere Yamaha Utility ATV. What ever you get, we look forward to hearing about. Feel free to ask any questions in the forums as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 606 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:00 AM
The Boss

As BATTLEGUN stated, the 700 Grizzly is a more discussed machine on this forum. This is partially due to it's huge popularity when first introduced to the market. And it is a great all around machine. As for the 550 vs. the 700, I would take into consideration your needs. The machines are identical in size. Without looking at the specs of each, curb weight may be the only difference. If the 550 is lower in weight then it may allow better handling. But I think the biggest thing in which Yamaha was trying to do was offer an “entry level” vehicle at a lower cost without a lot of re-engineering. This is just a stab in the dark at an opinion. Do take into consideration that the larger displacement vehicles tend to yield a higher and quicker resale value.

One thing is for certain, and I feel many will concur that have experience. Do test the vehicles with and without the electronic power steering. The low failure rate on the power steering proves that it has been extremely reliable.

Good luck, ask any questions and welcome to the site.

post #7 of 606 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1

New to the site

Just surfing around the internet and came across this forum. I have Grizzly 660 08 that is all stock, and I'm looking to make a few changes to my toy. I really want to upgrade my factory bumper, skids, stick guards...ect. I saw a bumper that I really liked okiegrizzbumper.com but could not find it on the web. Any sugestion? Thanks for the help.
post #8 of 606 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 05:24 AM
THE ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatortadpole View Post
Just surfing around the internet and came across this forum. I have Grizzly 660 08 that is all stock, and I'm looking to make a few changes to my toy. I really want to upgrade my factory bumper, skids, stick guards...ect. I saw a bumper that I really liked okiegrizzbumper.com but could not find it on the web. Any sugestion? Thanks for the help.
Welcome to the site Gatortadpole. We hope you find everything your looking for. If you need any assistance, just let us know.

As far as the okiegrizzbumper, I know exactly what you are talking about. The only problem is, I can't find it anymore either. I too owned a 660, and sent that fella an email inquiring about the bumper, twice, and never received a response. My guess is that he called it quits. You can check out kimpex, moose, and warn for other options though.

post #9 of 606 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

Great site

Love the useful info. Glad to see a site thats not just another advertisement.
post #10 of 606 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 09:12 PM
The Boss

Thanx...Welcome to the site. You may see lots of ads, but hey...We gotta pay the bills.