uxv 500sp - ATV Torture Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

uxv 500sp

After reading reviews on 500 series sxs, have decided on uxv SP. after many hours of going through reviews of all brands since 2009, found that most writers and manufactures dont spend much time with 500s they go for bigger, bigger must be better machines. the uxv and rzr were the only ones who had comprehensive field reviews. The latter being on steroids. I have found a dealer in Arizona that has been saleing the units since 2009, and now prepairing to make the jump. The one issue that keep comming up in reviews was the lack of passinger hand holds inside cab. utv sales a adjustable bar handle that requires drilling a 1" hole in dash, this will give my wife or me something to hold on to that dosent expose us in case of misshape. Please share experiences or mods done on unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Kymco 500 UXV

Hi Dice, I am writing to you because you seem to be the only member mentioning the Kymco 500UXV. I have the September 2008 model, the first model to be sold in Europe and possibly the US. To date I have clocked up 6,600 miles without ever experiencing a problem. Now I have a problem and do not know the cause. In reverse, occasionaly, the machine gives a load clanging sound. This does not always occcur but let us say that 1 out of 10 the load clanging noise occurs. When driving in L and H forward gears I do not experience this problem. Every time I have visited the mechanic, this noise never occurs. It is like going to the doctor with a pain and when examined the pain disappears! I am wondering if it could possibly be the rear box, if that is what it is called? Do you have any idea?
Thanks, geoff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 482133_3667440368293_1146810069_n Kymco overturn 2.jpg (138.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1307 copy.jpg (72.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg _UFC1259 copy 2.jpg (35.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0209 copy.jpg (71.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg neve in quad gen..jpg (36.3 KB, 0 views)