Needs the locksmith for the jammed lock of my ATV - ATV Torture Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Needs the locksmith for the jammed lock of my ATV

I have my 2009 Kawasaki Teryx 750 and it was working fine but the lock if my ATV just start to develop a problem. Actually the lock of my ATV has been jammed when i insert the key it won't turn into it. I have treid oiling to the lock but still the problem is same. now i needs the help of locksmith if anyone is familiar plzz suggest me from here...looking forward for your reply...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Points: 2,139, Level: 27 Points: 2,139, Level: 27 Points: 2,139, Level: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sypatnode View Post
I have my 2009 Kawasaki Teryx 750 and it was working fine but the lock if my ATV just start to develop a problem. Actually the lock of my ATV has been jammed when i insert the key it won't turn into it. I have treid oiling to the lock but still the problem is same. now i needs the help of locksmith if anyone is familiar plzz suggest me from here...looking forward for your reply...
Take the lock cylinder out and just replace it. You might need proof that the machine is yours before the dealer will sell you another one.

Or do like I did with one of my old hondas. I just made the key into a switch so I didn't need a key to start it since I lost the keys when I moved from Iowa to PA back in 2008. Placed the run switch under the seat and it already had a start button on the handlebar so that worked perfectly to get me going again.

2011 Sportsman 850 XP EPS Touring
2007 Honda Recon
2009 Dodge Ram

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 03:05 AM
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

Needs the locksmith for the jammed lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothbassman View Post
Take the lock cylinder out and just replace it. You might need proof that the machine is yours before the dealer will sell you another one.

Or do like I did with one of my old hondas. I just made the key into a switch so I didn't need a key to start it since I lost the keys when I moved from Iowa to PA back in 2008. Placed the run switch under the seat and it already had a start button on the handlebar so that worked perfectly to get me going again.
You should have the advice of the locksmith as they will tell you how to start it without the key.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 03:07 AM
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothbassman View Post

You should have the advice of the locksmith as they will tell you how to start it without the key.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 01:41 AM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

Quote:

Well....i think you don't need to call a Locksmith if your lock is jammed...just put some car oil into the lock and it will automatically insert the key into it. I have tried this method once and it worked.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 12:33 AM

Quote:

A new lock is going to be cheper than a Locksmith...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 11:17 AM

Red face

You can look in a phone book or online to find a lock smith in your area. You can also use websites designed to match you with a locksmith in your area.You can call Locksmith New Rochelle for repair jammed lock and make it work properly.Their locksmiths are fully trained and give their best services to the needed person.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 04:16 AM
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

If you have locksmith tools then you can do it by own , you only need to replace the lock cylinder and the job has been done. I have got tools from locksmith decatur and replaced mine without any problem.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 07:27 AM
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

Replacing the cylinder isn't a difficult task to perform but still i suggest taking help from professional expert like i hire london locksmith experts.