HMF Slip On Exhaust - ATV Torture Forums
Consumer Product Reviews Submit your ATV product review here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

HMF Slip On Exhaust

HMF Slip On Exhaust - 2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

Initial Reaction
When I first opened the box I automatically saw perfection and quality in the aluminum brushed exhaust. The HMF looks great both in the box and on the bike.
10/10

Installation
Installation went decent but with a few negatives. HMF did not send a ring / seal where you connect the exhaust to the header. I had to go to the dealer and purchase a 2001 Yamaha raptor 660r ring as it fit perfectly. As soon as we installed our custom modification, installation was easy. Bolted up in about 20 minutes or so with two people. Another thing to note is the bolts will vibrate loose after a few hours of riding so it's best to tighten them up.
6/10

Performance
Performance gains were decent. There was more low end grunt, mid range pull and even a bit on top end. For a slip on I was really impressed with the gains once jetted properly. The stock exhaust on a 650 V2 is way too restrictive and the HMF made the motor breathe more. I would reccomend this exhaust for a cheap power boost.
10/10

Sound
The HMF slip on produced some deep rumbling when idling but went to more of a raspy and loud sounding bike when in 1/2 - full throttle. Enjoy this sound for now. When water riding the HMF's packing gets wet and will start blowing away over time. This creates less HP and makes the exhaust louder. I have had mine for over a year now and it isn't too bad, but I can see myself repacking in the next year. The HMF is very loud on the trail so you may opt for a quite core kit.
7/10

Other
Remember to always wash your exhaust after a day of riding. Mud and other material can stick on the HMF and burn onto it creating a yellow disfigure.

Hits
- Provides a nice power boost all around.
- Gives the bike a better look.
- Nice price ($259.95 without quite core kit, brushed aluminum)

Misses
- No ring / seal provided
- Will loose packing over time
- Will turn yellow after some serious mud riding

Overall Rating
8.25/10

Contact Information
HMF Engineering 5111 West 164th Street, Brookpark, Ohio 44142
Phone: (216) 631.6980
Fax: (216) 631.6981

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:37 AM
The Boss

Great Review!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 04:43 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for the love! We're happy you enjoyed the exhaust and it's working for you. Give us a call at HMF and we'll hook you up with some free gear for the review! Tell them Drew sent ya

Thanks again! BrrraaapppP!!!!!