Dial-A-Jet Carb mod - Page 3 - ATV Torture Forums
Consumer Product Reviews Submit your ATV product review here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATTLEGUN View Post
It isn't running lean...maybe a tad rich. If I were keeping it I would drop the main jet one size.
The beauty of the system is that if it is running rich all you have to do is turn the "Dial" one click to the lean side...

Like I said before, mine runs perfect from 2000 feet to 10k with no adjustment needed.

No loss in fuel mileage noticed. It could possibly even gain mileage if the engine is now getting the fuel it needs to make the proper amount of power.

There is no way I could keep track of fuel mileage(i don't see how anyone could on an ATV) unless I put it on a paved road and drove it at one throttle position until the tank was empty and then do it again to see if it was identical.
With all the terrain differences that an ATV encounters, 2wd vs 4wd, altitudes, weather, driving habit variances that I put my bike through it would be impossible to tell.

There are just to many things that would make a difference in mileage including tire sizes, inflation pressures, rider and cargo weight, etc, etc......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Points: 3,518, Level: 37 Points: 3,518, Level: 37 Points: 3,518, Level: 37
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I am really liking this set up. I am thinking I might have to try it. It sounds as tho it works like a FI system. Does this mess with the engine at all? Like cause it to shorten engine life?

CRF250R - Built Motor - And tons more

2006 Brute Force 785 - Bored 80 over, Wiseco Pistons, Ported and Polished, Dynojet Jet Kit, HMF Pipe, Powdercoated racks and control arms.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack450 View Post
I am really liking this set up. I am thinking I might have to try it. It sounds as tho it works like a FI system. Does this mess with the engine at all? Like cause it to shorten engine life?
No.. all it really does is add fuel when your engine starts begging for it.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Points: 3,518, Level: 37 Points: 3,518, Level: 37 Points: 3,518, Level: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
No.. all it really does is add fuel when your engine starts begging for it.
Sweet! Thanks for all the replies!!

CRF250R - Built Motor - And tons more

2006 Brute Force 785 - Bored 80 over, Wiseco Pistons, Ported and Polished, Dynojet Jet Kit, HMF Pipe, Powdercoated racks and control arms.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 PM
SMILEY WHORE
Points: 7,608, Level: 58 Points: 7,608, Level: 58 Points: 7,608, Level: 58

Desertrat ... ya old catus ass, flat gas can carry'in, Dialed in a Jet sorta guy ... Great write up.

Very informative, I think I'm gonna try one of these, even though I have Dyna Jet kit in now .... this just sounds "interesting".

Thanks .... Ah .... you wouldn't happen to have $75 ya could loan me do ya ....... BUDDY ??!!

Later ....

Liv'in The Dream ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gunny; 11-10-2008 at 07:44 PM.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 08:21 PM
THE ENFORCER

Gunny...you won't be let down. Just remember bro, you will not be able to do the pro mount and still be able to adjust the DAJ on the fly. If you have the jets on hand you will be set. I've found that the main jet needed to go down one size. If I wanted to really fine tune I would replace the pilot or adjust the slide.

The average response to decreasing jet size with exhaust and airbox mods is WTF. But seriously, the DAJ works on lean envoirnments. It corrects them with pre-atomized fuel which delivers the "instant" punch. If you don't creat the lean envoirnment, the DAJ is just going to make your quad run pretty rich...and that stinks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Desertrat ... ya old catus ass, flat gas can carry'in, Dialed in a Jet sorta guy ... Great write up.

Very informative, I think I'm gonna try one of these, even though I have Dyna Jet kit in now .... this just sounds "interesting".

Thanks .... Ah .... you wouldn't happen to have $75 ya could loan me do ya ....... BUDDY ??!!

Later ....
didnt have change for a 100.00 dollar bill so I emailed you the hundred... put a check in the mail for the $25.00 would ya?

08 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS, Warn winch, PIAA lights, Warn Bumper, Kolpin gear, SS212 Wheels, Maxxis Bighorns, ROX 5" risers and handguards, Solex handlebars, Garmin GPS mounted with a Ram-Mount mounting system.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 PM
SMILEY WHORE
Points: 7,608, Level: 58 Points: 7,608, Level: 58 Points: 7,608, Level: 58

Battlegun ... tried to reply to your message but the forum crashed ....
%$#& !!!! ...... Oh well ....... maybe next time.

Desertrat ... Yeah, sure .... as soon as I get the 100 ... I'll send the 25 back ....... TRUST ME !!!!

Ya funny Bast%$# !!

Now, I'm gonna copy this reply before I click submit .... just incase ....

Later ....

Liv'in The Dream ...