.... I hope the final result is what he's after.
Now, Gunny, are you going to give us a sound bite of the pipe with and without the Benz on?
Battlegun .... (heavy sigh) .... Hell no I ain't gonna give ya sound bite. Why you ask ?? .... Well ....
1) Those sound bites never give a true level of the exhaust tone.
2) Now that I have it all bolted up & it's working really good .... I don't want to tear it apart. Besides, it ain't like any of you have a Leo pipe anyway.
3) There are lots of sound bites out there with & without the Benz muffler ... & I don't do YouTube.
4) And finally, you'll just have to trust me on this one, OK.
So, like I wrote last nite, I went for a ride today. And even thou it was a get outta town thing, I was also testing my latest mod to the Benz muffler for my Leo pipe.
Did it work ?? Yup ! .... Did it stay together ? ... Yup ! ..... Am I pleased ?? .... Very much so ! ..... Am I gonna leave it on all the time ?? .... That's the plan for now !
Went for the ride today. The Benz muffler & end plate mod worked great. The bike was quiet. Not as quiet as when I put it on the stock can .... before I learned the stock can was cracked.
And, it was not as quiet as when I had it (the Benz muffler) bolted to the Leo end plate (I think I have those sound bites, interested ??)
But quieter than the Leo Quiet core.
I was very pleased. My riding partner made several comments at how quiet my Grizz was today.
Todays ride was freak'in great. Rainy snow covered boulders up a steep trail, mud, coming down was almost worse than going up... stood the Grizz up on it's tail twice, laid it on it's side three times .... smacked two trees .... and I'm still pull'in seat cover from betwix my ass cheeks .... But what a great day !!!
Two things I noticed with the Benz muffler on .... 1) It seems to help with the engine breaking coming down hill .... probably because of the back pressure.
2) Out on the open road ... it didn't seem to hurt the "Get Up & Go !" at all. I believe that is from, cutting the hole in the custom end plate as big as the Benz adapter end outlet ... I also think this is what makes it a tad louder than with the Leo Power core & Benz muffler ??
So overall, I am very pleased ... & I lucked out again & an idea worked. Now I just need to see how it'll stand up from long term use.
Ya all take care now, ya hear !!