Renegade CVT Exhaust Snorkel - Page 3 - ATV Torture Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

on lowes' website, they are listed at $7.77 each, in my area. if you can't find any and you want them, i can pick them up for you. not sure how much shipping would be, though. as for the 2" hose, you could use straight radiator hose, but it was pretty expensive in my area.

American Valve at Lowe's: 2" Flexible 90 Elbow w/Clamps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

Well after some vigorous shopping to get all the pieces, I finally settled on some marine coolant and exhaust hose with a hardwall which did the trick. I'm very happy with how the exhaust turned out. It rubs up against the shifter slighty about mid way, but it's hardly an issue. The intake didn't quite line up like I wanted, but when my Frogzskin arrive and I do the air box mod, I can remove the intake housing and run it up just the way it should be. All in all, it took me about 7 hours to do the CVT intake and exhaust, and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for the step by step walkthrough, it made my life a hell of a lot easier.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweigh View Post
Well after some vigorous shopping to get all the pieces, I finally settled on some marine coolant and exhaust hose with a hardwall which did the trick. I'm very happy with how the exhaust turned out. It rubs up against the shifter slighty about mid way, but it's hardly an issue. The intake didn't quite line up like I wanted, but when my Frogzskin arrive and I do the air box mod, I can remove the intake housing and run it up just the way it should be. All in all, it took me about 7 hours to do the CVT intake and exhaust, and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for the step by step walkthrough, it made my life a hell of a lot easier.

you're welcome, my friend. glad things worked out for you!

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

New to the renegade world

Hey guys...new to the can am world and i am having some of the same issues with the belt getting wet as you all have. just wondering if your approach turned out well for you stray..it looked good and i was thinking of trying it myself, but i noticed a lot of water gets in behind that plastic too. so did you have any additional belt slippage using that setup or did it keep the water out? And i was also wondering if you did the exhaust to be sure or if you knew that water was also getting in that way. i appreciate the work you guys have put into the forum and ill try to help anyway i can
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Points: 271, Level: 5 Points: 271, Level: 5 Points: 271, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose View Post
Hey guys...new to the can am world and i am having some of the same issues with the belt getting wet as you all have. just wondering if your approach turned out well for you stray..it looked good and i was thinking of trying it myself, but i noticed a lot of water gets in behind that plastic too. so did you have any additional belt slippage using that setup or did it keep the water out? And i was also wondering if you did the exhaust to be sure or if you knew that water was also getting in that way. i appreciate the work you guys have put into the forum and ill try to help anyway i can
alot of water does get under the plastic on the renegades near the pod. i have many rides with no problems. all tho my last ride was at hatfield mccoy very wet conditions, was slamming threw puddles 12 inch deep 35 mph. i was getting spray from the front over the bars pretty good. anyway got back and had water in the air box [very little]. cleaned out and changed the oil. anyway my solution to this is, i bought a car floor mat and put it under the snorkels, and completely closed it off from anything splashing up. should work but have not rode since.

2009 Renegade 800R X
stealth snorkel
BRP skids
Brp rear bag
direction 2 overfenders
precision steering stabilizer
header exhaust wrap
Scat Trak 26x12x12 extreme haulers w/Douglas 12x10 rims
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 03:23 AM Thread Starter

as far as the cvt intake & exhaust, i have not gotten any belt slippage. haven't pulled the cover recently to see if any water has gotten in, though. my airbox has stayed perfectly dry (i have been in there to show some friends) since i did the mod to it. i have hit every ounce of water i can find, and plowed through most of them as fast as i could, to see if i'd run into any issues. so far, i'm very pleased.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

that all sounds very good to me...i am going to try to make my mod this weekend on the cvt intake. i just wanted to be sure that stray wasnt getting any water in his after his setup was complete. that will probably be the way i approach it. i was just a little worried that since mud and water still get behind that plastic that he ran the pipe behind, that he may have some water getting to his belt still. mainly want to get it fixed asap cause im taking a lot of heat from the guys i work with everytime i have to avoid a hole. thanks again guys
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

i believe it helped somewhat to turn the very top of the snorkel in towards the center of the machine. i even considered putting a cap on the end, cutting some holes and using a few of the frogzskin screens that i used on the airbox lid. they're not waterproof, but water resistant. however, since i haven't gotten any water yet, i'll leave it as is.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
i believe it helped somewhat to turn the very top of the snorkel in towards the center of the machine. i even considered putting a cap on the end, cutting some holes and using a few of the frogzskin screens that i used on the airbox lid. they're not waterproof, but water resistant. however, since i haven't gotten any water yet, i'll leave it as is.
I picked up an extra couple packs of Frogzskin for just that reason! Glad to hear you haven't required it as of yet though.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

after i pull the plugs to see how the airbox mod is affecting the a/f ratio, i'll try to remove the cvt cover, just to be sure it's staying dry. i'll let you know...